You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help Scroll wheel!!!

Matthew Campbell 1313538

Matthew Campbell 1313538
Posted
Posted

Hello,

My name is Matthew im a vatsim controller and i have a issue my mouse scroll wheel only controls zoom so i use euroscope 3.1d due to the fact you cannot run a simulator session only a sweatbox session. Obv i cannot run one as only a student in tower training. But my mouse wheel even if lets say on that aircraft tag during a simulator session if i try to scroll down certain heading's to vector him in for ils 09l for EGLL my scroll wheel just zooms in and out please help!

Im writing due to the fact its super annoying and im having troubles finding anyone else with the problem.

Windows 10

64 bit

Thank you for helping,

Fellow Vatsim Controller

Denver Training Administrator

Matthew James Campbell

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

I sometimes zoom by mistake. As long as the mouse pointer is over the drop-down menu it should scroll as expected. If the pointer is off-target, it will zoom instead. There is a setting to disable the zooming altogether.

I haven't taken the plunge yet though so could this be a Windows 10 issue I wonder?

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

I haven't come across this issue myself, and I'm running Windows 10 and EuroScope comfortably on two devices. Have you tried this with all options in tags? What about adding a HDG column to your sector exit list, and scrolling in there - does it work?

When I control a standard CTR sector (not bandboxed) or an APP position, I don't actually tend to zoom / pan around. Pop into your Display settings, and try disabling zooming, and then test the scrolling again - any difference?

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

No nonsense controlling Twitch - HazControl ✈️

@HVatsim

Jason Adriaan 1274456
Posted
Posted

Im having the EXACT same problem .. someone please help, its really annoying...I suspect its a setting somewhere in euroscope that changed during the upgrade.

Kind Regards

Jason Adriaan

CID 1274456 P4/I3

Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

I should have said - I'm running EuroScope 3.2 on Windows 10 with no issues. I too have just opened 3.1d to run a sweatbox and had the same problem - I might just have to get used to 3.2!

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

No nonsense controlling Twitch - HazControl ✈️

@HVatsim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

Same problem with BOTH ES 3.1 and 3.2. Any help?

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

I'm using 3.2a on W10 Pro without any problem.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

Same for me, using Euroscope 3.2a with Windows 10 and no problem. I think it is only Euroscope 3.1d

• 4 weeks later...
Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

And I just had this problem with ES 3.2 ...