You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Improper Flight Plan Depiction

Rob Killins 897126

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

I am finding that my Euroscope setup isn't representing some pilot's (mostly overseas) flight plans "accurately". For example, see the series of screen shots attached showing an AAL flight that p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed through my airspace (CZWG) of a flight from ZBAA to KORD. The route is filed correctly:

YV B334 TGO G212 HRB A588 SIMLI G494 BLG A803 OSKON A218 LISKI NCA80 ADREW NCA23 YSF NCA22 YTH J542 YWG J89 DLH SHIKY FYTTE2

However, the waypoint depiction seems to end prematurely at some point along A218. There doesn't appear to be any representation beyond a point in A218. (see attachments).

0801_A.jpg 0801_B.jpg 0801_C.jpg 0801_D.jpg

As such, from within my airspace, I am getting this depiction of his route on my scope ... it veers off far east to Europe when essentially he should be flying (and is) SE as per the dotted blue line.

0801_E.jpg

I have loaded FS Navigator (airway and isec) AIRAC1508 into my setup.

Is anyone able to shed any light on what is creating this problem and how it can be resolved?

Merik Nanish 1184142
Posted
Posted

I believe importing airway and ISEC data is not enough. You also need your sector file to contain the locations of all waypoints that are used by those waypoints.

Here is a way to test my theory: go to Display Settings and check all FIXes, VORs and NDBs on. Then zoom back and see if the fixes needed for that flight plan are there or not. If they are not, then ES has no way to draw the rest of the route for you.

PS: In most cases, people don't NEED all these fixes in their sector file, so those who make the sector files usually only included what is necessary. At ZNY, where I create the sector files, I usually keep fixes within 100 miles or so from the border of the airspace and anything beyond that is not included.

NYARTCC Facility Engineer and Instructor

255qao8.png

Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

I can't help much without your actual setup and traffic the same as in your example... but, have you selected the option to do with using ISEC.txt for fixes?

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

No nonsense controlling Twitch - HazControl ✈️

@HVatsim

• 4 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I am sorry to say, but ES improperly handles the routes that crosses the international date line.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer