You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

A little help here...

Orr Dahan 1332926

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

ATTENTION! I AM NEW TO VATSIM (Yes a noob)

Okay so I want to know how people on youtube see their airlines livery cause I really don't get how it works and I don't get how there is a B777 when there is no B777 on FSX so please help a poor nub!

P1 Pilot

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Please explain what you mean by "see their airline livery?"

In regards to the aircraft, simple answer is download them. Did you try google?

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

They see their own livery for example AviationPro (If you know him) you can see he has a KLM livery

P1 Pilot

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted (edited)

My response again is download and install them.

Edited by Guest

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

that is not helping because I just don't understand how to get Vatsim's livery for any airline

P1 Pilot

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Do you mean different liveries of AI aircraft?

What pilot client are you using, if any?

Have you checked out the pilot resource centre? It has lots of useful information on how to get started on VATSIM. http://www.vatsim.net/prc

For a pilot client, if you don't have one yet, I would recommend vPilot: http://vpilot.metacraft.com

Does this clear some stuff up?

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Thanks and BTW yes I do use vPilot

P1 Pilot

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Oh and I meant how do you get the same aircraft model as Vatsim

P1 Pilot

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

That makes everything easier!

There is sadly no official VATSIM AI modelset at this time.

I personally use the WOAI models with vPilot but there are other free and payware ones out there.

Here's Don Desfosse's great vPilot FAQ topic: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=64672

It has links to all the tools you need to install traffic libraries (WOAI specifically).

Josh

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

I am talking about getting my own aircraft's since vatsim does mention a A320 witch does not show up on FSX and is surely downloadable somewhere

P1 Pilot

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm now confused again. What do you mean by VATSIM's A320.

I think you are using VATSIM to signify something else. VATSIM is a network, not a person, wiki, game, nor something that can be downloaded.

Are you talking about seeing other peoples aircraft or downloading an aircraft for yourself

Edited by Guest

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Orr, in addition to the default aircraft included with the simulator, most of us on VATSIM download additional aircraft to choose from. You'll find that this is, in general, a pretty serious community interested in simulating things as close to real-world as possible. What most folks do is either purchase some number of payware add-on aircraft and/or download freeware add-on aircraft. In either case, whether you are buying payware or downloading freeware, you install those add-on aircraft into your simulator. Once you've done that, you'll be able to see your aircraft in whatever livery (the aircraft come) with that you select. For example, many folks on VATSIM have purchased the payware PMDG B777. It comes with a number of liveries (e.g. American Airlines, Delta, United, etc.). So, much the same as today you can select a default B737 in Soar Airlines livery, once you install an add-on aircraft, you can select that make/model and one of several liveries that either comes with the aircraft, or that you have downloaded separately.

Now, for other people's aircraft, that relies on something called model matching. Model matching relies on you both having AI (artificial intelligence) aircraft (or default), and corresponding model matching rules. For example, many folks when just starting out download many of the freeware World of AI (WOAI) AI aircraft. Once you have those downloaded, and then once you have them installed, you could select the model matching rulesets from vPilot that correspond to the AI aircraft you just downloaded/installed. Or, perhaps even better, you could run a complementary program called VMRGenerator that creates a custom ruleset for just the aircraft you have installed in your sim. For more information on these points, within the vPilot forum, search for WOAI Installer, VMRGenerator. Make sure you also read the vPilot Tips, Tricks, FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide in the vPilot forum.

Welcome to VATSIM!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Thanks Don, that's more than I can easily type out and get links to on my mobile device :mrgreen:

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

one more question will others see my PMDG 777 if I buy it?

P1 Pilot

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

No, but if they have sufficient AI traffic models installed and you login with the appropriate airline and equipment code, they will see a T7 with the appropriate livery.

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Oh ok THANK YOU SO MUCH!

P1 Pilot