You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Visrange and the FP list

Magnus Meese

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Hello, I'm having two issues with ES 3.2 for the time being. One, the client picks up aircraft way beyond what is defined via vispoints, .rcenter and the ESE-defined antennas. I'll attatch two pictures below to illustrate the problem. Most of the traffic outside the range is not displayed when the option "Simulate radar coverage and outage" is active, but all relevant traffic appears in the lists. To me, that's not functional, especially when those aircraft are 1-4 hours away without correlation, providing wrong estimates to the client. This also causes some FP tracks to abruptly enter the Norwegian airspace on our screens, as certain route elements such as "TO" and "VIA" are interpreted as waypoints inside our area. It looks silly when C172s in Wales are flying via Norway on their local VFR flight.

The second issue is the FP list. I use it as a source of route info to correlate traffic via squawks. However, the FP list for some reason shows prefiled FPs, which leads to both duplicates (when pilots use a different callsign than intended) and several FPs per session that never shows up because the pilots didn't start their flight after all, or they have landed and disconnected and the plan is still in the system. The prefile-listing could be usefull in certain cases, but couldn't it be an option rather than a native function? Secondly, all traffic that depart my airspace pop back up in the FP list once they become uncorrelated when they fall out of range. This is m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ively useless info, as those FPs are no longer relevant to me.

If anyone has a clue how to mend these problems, I'd be very grateful. Below are the pictures illustrating the range problem:

dBiReV2.jpg

rFR36I4.jpg