You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope sweatbox, paus/run effects other users

Johan Grauers

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

I have just had a conversation with another mentor, we were both signed on to sweatbox running two different files at two different airports.

When I paused my session, it would also pause his, and the other way around.

Feature or bug?

If this is the intention can it be changed somehow? It makes running sweatbox a bit difficult as one would be explaining something to a student when the other person tried to run their session as they were mid session, and all pausing needs you to check with the other mentor first which isn't always what you need when a session is going in the wrong way.

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

I think it is to do with the range the mentor have in Sweatbox. You can control all the aircrafts you have in your range if I'm correct.

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted
I think it is to do with the range the mentor have in Sweatbox. You can control all the aircrafts you have in your range if I'm correct.

But in the past (3.1d) if I paused only "my" aircfraft paused. Now we were pausing not only our own but also the other mentors aircraft, despite us running two different files in two different places. This has not been how it used to work in the past.

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

• 4 weeks later...
Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

I'm still seeing this happen. And it doesn't depend on range - I think it will affect everyone on the server at the time! Can we somehow spread the message that everyone using 3.2 on sweatbox needs to patch their ES to 3.2a.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK