You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkBox 1.3.1, including Linux Support, is out!

Christopher Collins

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

XSquawkBox 1.3.1 for Windows, MacOS X and 64-bit Linux is now out.

This includes a bugfix for the server list bugs discovered earlier this week.

Please see the posting on the XSquawkBox website for more information

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Frank Martinelli 1316586
Posted
Posted

Chris and others, well done!

Cheers

Frank Martinelli

Frank Martinelli 1316586
Posted
Posted

Working perfectly. Thanks again.

Thomas Drewing
Posted
Posted

Thanks to you, the long waiting is over and Linux X-Plane 10 64-bit users are no longer grounded.

Your efforts to the VATSIM community are invaluable.

Thank you very much!

Sanjiv Singh 1259947
Posted
Posted

This is great news for linux users after a very very long time. Thanks a lot Chris.

Oliver Drewing 978335
Posted
Posted

Thank you so much, it is working like a charm!

You guys are heroes!

Tommi Karkkainen 1322309
Posted
Posted

Great to see XSquawkbox getting active development. Thank you guys!

Any chance of getting SELCAL support at some point? I know it's kind of a small group that would use it, but for those who would it would be absolutely great to have. I also don't think it would take very much time to implement.

Torsten Neubert
Posted
Posted

After waiting for almost two years, Linux support is back. Thank you so much!

Jan Bariencik 1297130
Posted
Posted

Hello,

at first, I am happy that new version of XSB was released for 64bit Linux Thank you.

I have an strange issue. The plugin makes all sounds faster than usual :/ Maybe something with sampling rate?

My system is Debian/testing, X-Plane 10.36 (Steam version), pulse audio, 2x sound card, ... Any idea?

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
I have an strange issue. The plugin makes all sounds faster than usual :/ Maybe something with sampling rate?

My system is Debian/testing, X-Plane 10.36 (Steam version), pulse audio, 2x sound card, ... Any idea?

This sounds like it may be a driver problem or some kind of strange interaction problem between pulse and non-pulse clients.

I've sent you a private message with some further testing to help me analyse this problem.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

• 1 month later...
Randall Girouard 1178078
Posted
Posted

I use v1.06 of squawkbox on my iMac, Mac OS 10.6, XPlane 9.7. I have been flying on Vatsim for about 3 years without any major issues with this configuration. Anyway, I saw on the Vatsim forum pages that v1.3 for XSB is available, but it was not clear on your web site if it is backward compatible with XPlane 9.7 . Should I and can I upgrade to this new version?

Also, I have experienced two bugs with Squawkbox while flying on Vatsim:

1) Just last night in fact, I was beginning a flight plan from KHOU. I always start XPlane "cold" . But, for the first time, when I connected to Vatsim I immediately got ATC comm from both IAH_TWR and HOU_DEP ---- before I even turned on the radio! That has never happened before. I switched frequencies and was still getting IAH_TWR along with whatever other freq I tuned in. ZHU had a fly in event so there were lots of controllers on line. I disconnected and reconnected, and also rebooted XPlane and tried again. Did not help.

2) Before this bug tonight, the only other time I have an issue is whenever DTW_ATIS is on line. If I am flying anywhere near DTW and ATIS is on line, it comes through my headset no matter what freq my radio is tuned. It is very annoying so I just tend to stay away from DTW.

I only fly the X737 from EADT, but like I said I have had no issues with comm other than these two.

• 2 months later...
Daniel Svensson 1348749
Posted
Posted

Thank you for providing support for Linux!

Everything seems to work for me so far with the exception of the Microphone. When I try to set up the mic it tells me the background noise is as high as my voice. It recognizes my sound card and lets me select it but does not seem to accept the microphone input. I receive voice comms on the tuned frequencies just fine. Any suggestions for things to try? Any particular packages that I need to download from my distro?

Software in use

X Plane 10.42

XSquawkbox 1.3.1

Linux Mint 17.2

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Daniel Svensson 1348749
Posted
Posted

Solution Found!

I purchased a USB Audio Stereo Sound Adapter ($5 for the Sabrent brand adapter on Amazon) and plugged my headset into the adapter instead of the on-board sound card jacks on the back of the motherboard. Then went to sound settings in Linux and selected the new equipment as my default. In the Xsquawkbox sound settings I just used the defaults for the microphone and radios. Now everything works as expected!

• 1 month later...
Mihail Tomov
Posted
Posted

Is there anyone of the developers monitoring this thread?

Though xsb 1.3.1 works on linux (Mint 17.1) it often crashes xplane to desktop (when trying to setup audio), on other occasions the mic is just lost while xsb is connected to vatsim and one has to go through the setup menu to reactivate mic in order for the atc to hear ....

I tried to contact developers and send a log.txt through the http://www.xsquawkbox.net/ contacts but it seems my email just went down a black hole