You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot won't open

Amrit Shrestha 1335759

Amrit Shrestha 1335759
Posted
Posted

Hello everone, I am new to the vatsim. I have downloaded vpilot but every time i try to open it says 'unhandled exception: could not load file or [Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly 'Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or on of its dependencies. the system cannot find the file specified.

I have no idea what to do next any help?

Thanks

Amrit Shrestha 1335759
Posted
Posted

Thankyou very much. Finally managed to open vpilot after 2 days hard work ! but now I am stuck on another. I am trying to setup ivap and it says unable to detect your flight simulator installation.... is this free or do I have to buy it?

Thanks once again.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

ivap is a client for connecting to a different network, namely IVAO. You don't need ivap to connect to VATSIM. The two networks are completely separate.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Amrit Shrestha 1335759
Posted
Posted

sorry my question is if I have to buy flight simulator from store to play on vatsim.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yes, you need a flight simulator. vPilot is just software that connects your flight simulator to VATSIM. vPilot works with Microsoft Flight Simulator X or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D.

Amrit Shrestha 1335759
Posted
Posted

oh now that makes sense thanks. by the way is microsft flight simulator free to download from internet or is it better off buying?

really appreciate for replying thanks.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You need to buy it. Microsoft doesn't sell it any more, it is now published by Dovetail games and it's now called "Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition":

http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160

Amrit Shrestha 1335759
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much for everything Ross.

I ll message you if I get lost again (hope not).

Thanks