You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Multi Windows

Shrikar Galgali

Shrikar Galgali
Posted
Posted

Is there any possibility of having multi screens like VRC in EuroScope? (Example : See image attached)

I am currently being trained for C1 and one of the FIR is very very big and its very annoying to continuously scroll every 10 secs again and again....

photo_2015_09_27_00_36_45.jpg

Shrikar Galgali

Proud Member of VATWA Division

India vACC

26.png

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Two methods, you can also use them at the same time (I think).

1, Multiple windows in only one instance of the program: Click OPEN SCT on the top menu bar (activcate it through the MENU button if you can't see it), and open the same .asr-file you're already using. Now two of them are open, and you can switch between them with F7. I usually set one to radar and one to ground mode, and then I toggle between the two. You can of course open the .asr more than twice and keep cycling through them all.

2, Multiple instances of the software: In the connection window, ensure that the Proxy Server has been started (right underneath login info), then launch Euroscope to open a second window. At the top drop-down in the connection dialog, select to VATSIM via Proxy, and connect. This should be automated in v3.2, so you should only really have to launch the program the second time and it should do it all by itself. Adjust the widths of the windows by right-clicking the window size icon in the upper right corner next to the X (exit button).

And a third tip for controlling larger areas / many airports at ground/tower level, use a hotkey script or gaming keyboard macro keys to navigate through one of the windows. I use the software AutoHotKey and have configured Alt+1thru9 to run ".center XXXX {return}.dcenter XXXX{return}" to focus on whatever airport I want to go to without any typing. I've also made the thumb-button on my mouse mimmick F7 through that same software to quickly switch between the two .asr windows I use.

Shrikar Galgali
Posted
Posted

You just made my day....it works wonderful....Thanks a million!

dual.png

Shrikar Galgali

Proud Member of VATWA Division

India vACC

26.png