You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS just started with the infernal error message

Dennis Stanek 876522

Dennis Stanek 876522
Posted
Posted

This happened several weeks ago, and again last night. When trying to boot up FS9, an error message displays on the splash screen..."FS9 has encountered a problem, and needs to close." Upon closer scrutiny, the generated error report stated the FS9.EXE was the APP, and the MOD was FE.DLL. The only way to fix it was to re-install FS-9, which corrected the problem for several weeks. I had a flight ready to go on Monday, and has everything loaded up ready to go. Something came up, and I had to close all the programs. I was sitting at the gate, and never taxied. Upon restarting FS-9, to my dismay, the same error has been reported. I really do not feel like taking the 3-5 hours reloading all the programs, and going through the tweaking process again. Does anybody have any insight as to what the problem could be, and a potential fix, short of re-installing everything?

In my reading, the culprit can be a corrupt FS9.Cfg to a problem with my NVIDIA drivers. Mind you, FS-9 has worked perfect till several weeks ago. I have made no changes to cause such a problem. TIA!!!

BTW, I hope this is the correct forum to post this in.

216.png

ZME ATC/I-1

683.png