You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MyTraffic 6

Orr Dahan 1332926

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Ok so I got MyTraffic 6 and it works perfectly fine but when I go on Vatsim some of the liveries seem to be way outdated and I was wondering if their is any way to fix this?

P1 Pilot

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Excellent, glad to see you have it working!

You'd have to ask the developers of MyTraffic 6 if they plan on updating their liveries. Suggest in the initial contact letting them know which liveries you feel are out of date.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

It works on solo, but on Vatsim it has different liveries...

P1 Pilot

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

need to be more descriptive. whats different

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

REGULAR DELTA

tumblr_nvhzu5YKT51uazajoo1_540.png

VATSIM DELTA

tumblr_nvhztoAlBQ1uazajoo1_540.png

I know that its a diffrent aircraft but I have not seen 1 regular Delta Livery on vatsim

P1 Pilot

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

And I have seen a Delta 737 on Vatsim and its a total diffrence

P1 Pilot

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

all depends on the traffic packs you are using. if your package has more then one paint scheme for the airline, then the client will decide which one to use (random) unless you specify otherwise (by editing the rule set)

if you are using multiple packs, then itll be based on the priority you give it on the list. for example if you have 2 packs like mytraffic and WOAI installed. on your list if you have WOAI listed above mytraffic, then WOAI will have priority over the mytraffic pack.

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

I'll try fixing that. Thanks!

P1 Pilot

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Orr, also use the .debug function in vPilot. It will tell you what the pilot logged in as and which AI package is being used to represent that aircraft. You can't fix stupid (although you can try like a lot of us try to ), so if someone logs on as a Delta B732 (Delta doesn't fly the B732!!), you can't fix that (easily). But if you experiment and think that your MyT6 AI is better on average at representing aircraft liveries than WoAI, make sure your MyT6 model matching ruleset is placed higher in the priority list than your WoAI model matching ruleset.

If you need further help diagnosing specific issues, you'll have to know the following:

Aircraft ID

Date/Time (Z)

CID (or at least name) of the person flying the goofed up airplane

what .debug showed you his aircraft type was

what .debug showed you as the model that was used to represent that aircraft

Based on that, you can see if the "bad" model was used based on what the pilot logged in as or if you should change your model matching rules.

Just as an example, some newbies don't know that there are lots of different models of the B737 aircraft type (e.g., B732, B733, B734, B735, B736, B737, B738, B739, etc.). So maybe some newbie is logging on as a Delta B737 (737-700, which I don't think Delta flies, or at least not a lot!) instead of the real aircraft, a B738 or B739. As such, maybe one of your rulesets has a REALLY old B737 livery for Delta and displays it as such, whereas the nice, sexy, current livery of the Delta you show above applies to the B738/B739. If the person logged on as a B738, you'd see the "good" livery. But because the person logged on in an invalid way (wrong aircraft type), you might see either an outdated livery, or worse, a "default" aircraft.

Hope this helps!

Don Desfosse

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Thank you so much I hope this will help me, but I have one question: Where is that .debug function you were talking about?

P1 Pilot

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Type ".debug" on the command line just below the main message area, press Enter, and click the Aircraft tab to view information about nearby aircraft.

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation.aspx#dot-commands

Don Desfosse