You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

All the A321 planes Have no texture (white)

Guy Maman 1252636

Guy Maman 1252636
Posted
Posted

hello,

I have installed the Vpilot like the guide on the forum.

I'm Using WOAI on FSX

but i keep seeing A321 planes in white texture

anyone can help?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi Guy, it looks like you are seeing default aircraft only. That usually means vPilot can't see your AI (need to ensure it is referenced properly in your fsx.cfg file) or you haven't implemented one or more model matching rule sets. Please verify each.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Guy Maman 1252636
Posted
Posted
Hi Guy, it looks like you are seeing default aircraft only. That usually means vPilot can't see your AI (need to ensure it is referenced properly in your fsx.cfg file) or you haven't implemented one or more model matching rule sets. Please verify each.

how do i referenced it my fsx.cfg file?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Don Desfosse

Guy Maman 1252636
Posted
Posted

I don't see anything about what to put in Fsx.cfg

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Halfway down the page of the first link. In any case:

Did you install your WoAI aircraft into SimObjects\Airplanes or are they in a separate location/folder/directory? If separate, you'll need to include that path in your fsx.cfg file. For example, here's my "6" entry:

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\WOAI

(because I created a folder called WOAI under my SimObjects folder to house my WoAI AI (that last one from the Department of Redundancy Department.... ))

Also, what model matching rulesets do you have configured? Please post an image/screenshot of your vPilot Model Matching > Downloaded Rule Sets window

Don Desfosse

Guy Maman 1252636
Posted
Posted
Halfway down the page of the first link. In any case:

Did you install your WoAI aircraft into SimObjects\Airplanes or are they in a separate location/folder/directory? If separate, you'll need to include that path in your fsx.cfg file. For example, here's my "6" entry:

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\WOAI

(because I created a folder called WOAI under my SimObjects folder to house my WoAI AI (that last one from the Department of Redundancy Department.... ))

Also, what model matching rulesets do you have configured? Please post an image/screenshot of your vPilot Model Matching > Downloaded Rule Sets window

i installed it to the default place Simobjects\airplanes

oYs4gtQ.png?1

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

OK, that looks good. From what you said, it sounds like you indeed installed the WoAI, not just downloaded them. Please just verify that. Don't mean to ask a dumb question, but we've had a few folks accidentally confuse downloading WoAI using the vPilot downloader vs. actually installing the AI using the WoAI installer.

Next, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming they are installed, you indicated that you installed them to the Simobjects\airplanes folder. Did you by chance install them to a separate WoAI folder, or are they lumped right in with your default aircraft?

Can I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you're not getting any error messages, just seeing white A321s?

Finally, next time you're logged on and you see a flock of white A321s (a small flock is fine, and even one is probably OK), use the .debug command, click the Aircraft tab, take a screenshot of that, and post that please.

Don Desfosse

Guy Maman 1252636
Posted
Posted
OK, that looks good. From what you said, it sounds like you indeed installed the WoAI, not just downloaded them. Please just verify that. Don't mean to ask a dumb question, but we've had a few folks accidentally confuse downloading WoAI using the vPilot downloader vs. actually installing the AI using the WoAI installer.

Next, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming they are installed, you indicated that you installed them to the Simobjects\airplanes folder. Did you by chance install them to a separate WoAI folder, or are they lumped right in with your default aircraft?

Can I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you're not getting any error messages, just seeing white A321s?

Finally, next time you're logged on and you see a flock of white A321s (a small flock is fine, and even one is probably OK), use the .debug command, click the Aircraft tab, take a screenshot of that, and post that please.

I have downloaded and installed all the files with WOAI installer

I've never used WOAI before. i just installed them where the installer tell me (the default place)

Im not seeing any error m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ages in Vpilot when seeing A321

LfwQ569.png?1

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Sorry! I was under the impression that ALL aircraft were showing up as white A321s, not just SOME of them. I just re-read your original post, and I'm not sure why I jumped to that conclusion. So a lot of the troubleshooting I was asking you to do was based on the thought that ALL aircraft were showing up as white A321s. Sorry!

In short, in two of those cases the pilots screwed up, and in one case, the pilot was simply using a callsign that there is no livery for. More specifically:

1. PA28 is not a valid ICAO identifier. Chances are, the pilots should have been using an aircraft type of P28A, P28B, P28R, P28S or P28T. In my opinion, and just my theory, those pilots were most likely flying something like the Carenado Piper Cherokee, which is a P28A, not a PA28.

2. NTL is not a valid ICAO identifier. therefore there are no NTL AI that fly an A333 in your library.

I wrote a section in the FAQ and Troubleshooting guide that explains the logic in a little more layman detail (less technical) than what Ross wrote in the product docomeentation. You can read it here: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=64672 (toward the bottom)

Don Desfosse

Guy Maman 1252636
Posted
Posted
Sorry! I was under the impression that ALL aircraft were showing up as white A321s, not just SOME of them. I just re-read your original post, and I'm not sure why I jumped to that conclusion. So a lot of the troubleshooting I was asking you to do was based on the thought that ALL aircraft were showing up as white A321s. Sorry!

In short, in two of those cases the pilots screwed up, and in one case, the pilot was simply using a callsign that there is no livery for. More specifically:

1. PA28 is not a valid ICAO identifier. Chances are, the pilots should have been using an aircraft type of P28A, P28B, P28R, P28S or P28T. In my opinion, and just my theory, those pilots were most likely flying something like the Carenado Piper Cherokee, which is a P28A, not a PA28.

2. NTL is not a valid ICAO identifier. therefore there are no NTL AI that fly an A333 in your library.

I wrote a section in the FAQ and Troubleshooting guide that explains the logic in a little more layman detail (less technical) than what Ross wrote in the product docomeentation. You can read it here: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=64672 (toward the bottom)

ive notice that too but i took another picture who shows the British airways (BAW) is A321 and some other aircrafts.

cfpn0fz.png?1

The one that picked in blue ^)

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

So, does WoAI have a BAW L101? If so, did you verify that it's installed in your sim? I looked in my installation, and can't find a WoAI in my installation, and also looked at the WoAI website and can't find any mention of WoAI L101s.

Similarly, I don't see any WoAI TNT Airways B777s....

(Ah, I just figured out why I thought ALL of your aircraft were showing up as White A321s -- I saw the word ALL in the forum post title, and just read too quickly)

Don Desfosse

Guy Maman 1252636
Posted
Posted
So, does WoAI have a BAW L101? If so, did you verify that it's installed in your sim? I looked in my installation, and can't find a WoAI in my installation, and also looked at the WoAI website and can't find any mention of WoAI L101s.

Similarly, I don't see any WoAI TNT Airways B777s....

(Ah, I just figured out why I thought ALL of your aircraft were showing up as White A321s -- I saw the word ALL in the forum post title, and just read too quickly)

so what are you saying is, its the problem with the users not typing right information and not with my vpilot?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yes. AI manufacturers are likely to manufacture AI for aircraft that are really in use by an airline. That's why I selected the examples I presented in the FAQ. If it's not real, you're not likely to find/install AI for it. If Delta doesn't fly a B732, but someone logs on as a Delta B732, and no one makes AI to represent an Delta B732, then vPilot will try to find a similar aircraft, as described in the vPilot Docomeentation:

Note that vPilot will make multiple p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es through the installed rule sets, looking for more specific matches first. The logic for each p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] is as follows:

1. Look for an exact CallsignPrefix or Callsign match, plus an exact TypeCode match, ignoring any rules that don't specify a CallsignPrefix or Callsign.

2. Look for an exact CallsignPrefix or Callsign match, plus a TypeCode match for a similar aircraft type, ignoring any rules that don't specify a CallsignPrefix or Callsign.

3. Look for an exact TypeCode match, ignoring any rules that specify a CallsignPrefix or Callsign.

4. Look for a TypeCode match for a similar aircraft type, ignoring any rules that specify a CallsignPrefix or Callsign.

Continuing with the DAL123 B732 example from above, during p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] #1, vPilot will look for a rule with a CallsignPrefix of "DAL" (or a Callsign value of "DAL123") an a TypeCode of B732. If none is found, vPilot will make another p[Mod - Happy Thoughts], looking for a rule with a CallsignPrefix of "DAL" and a TypeCode matching one of the codes listed as similar to the B732, such as B733, B734, etc. If no match is found, another p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] will be made, looking for a rule with no CallsignPrefix or Callsign specified, and a TypeCode of B732. If no match is found, a final p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] will be made, looking for a rule with no CallsignPrefix or Callsign specified, and a TypeCode matching one of he codes listed as similar to the B732. Finally, if no match is found in any of these four p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es, the aircraft will be added to the FSX session using the Default Model specified in your Model Matching Settings.

At least you know you're doing it right, even though others aren't....

That said, a couple of other thoughts....

1. You may want to obtain/install more AI

2. I've just made a recommendation for Ross to do this in the actual package, but you may want to update your SimilarAircraftTypes.txt file to include PA28 in the line:

P28A P28B P28R P28T P32R P32T P46T PA24 PA25 PA32 PA36 PA46 PILL S108 DR40 TBM7 TOBA Z42

Even though it's not technically correct, and you're in essence "cheating" to fix other peoples' mistakes, you stand a better chance of seeing something more like a Piper Cherokee than an Airbus.

3. Suggest you add the FSX Default aircraft to your list of installed model matching rule sets (at the bottom). At least someone flying a C172 will show as a C172 and not an Airbus.

Don Desfosse

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

I can see some other issues there, TAY12B is listed as B777 this is not the correct ICAO code, should be either B772/3/L/W this is a fault of the other pilot not you, they have not entered their type code in correctly.

Don is right, some ICAO codes there don't exist, what you can do is get VMR generator http://www.lekseecon.nl/VMRGenerator.html this will scan your sim objects folder and create 1 single rule set based on what you have installed, the other beauty of this is these two things.

VMRGenerator generates a matching rule for each airline (the same airlines as in rule_set_1) for the undefined TypeCode "ZZZZ". What aircraft type it generates, is dependent on what types are available for each airline and how these types appear in alphabetical order.

So if vPilot receives the CallsignPrefix and the TypeCode is "ZZZZ", it will generate a livery with at least the right airline colors and a type that is flown by that airline!, instead of the default plane

And

VMRGenerator generates rules with an empty CallSignPrefix for each TypeCode that is present in rule set 1. There are three 'flavours': First it generates rules for TypeCodes flown by the Airlines in your MyAreaAirlines.txt file (if defined). Then it continues with the other TypeCodes for which a valid ICAO Airline livery is found. Finally it generates rules for TypeCodes for which there is no valid ICAO airline livery.

So if vPilot gets a TypeCode only, it will generate the right Aircraft Type but in one of the liveries available. If you have defined the airlines that normally fly in your area, you will see one of those. It is not perfect but a lot more realistic then seeing lots of default planes.

This means that NTL would match to the first Alphabetical A333 you have, which means you would likely see a Air France A330 instead of a white A321

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member