You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sweatbox - No aircraft in Sim Dialog

Aric Taylor

Aric Taylor
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

When loading a situation file for a sweatbox session (I intend to be the instructor), all the aircraft pop up at the gate, flight plans show up etc, but they are not visible in the simulator dialog and none of the action buttons work.

Thoughts?

Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

If you're using EuroScope 3.2, this will mostly likely be because you haven't gotten simulation of the aircraft. Each aircraft can have its own pseudopilot (the person who drives their movement). To check that this is the issue, change the tag family to the Matias tags, hover over an aircraft, and try pressing what looks like { } and then getting simulation for that aircraft. The callsign should then appear in the simulation popup, and you can then move it about.

If that works, you can go back to your old tag family, but add the Open simulation pop up entry to a field in that tag family. If you'll always use the same callsign when running the sweatbox, you can also define the callsign that initially has control of the aircraft. Here's an example from a Heathrow file for the mentor who will use callsign EGLL_M_TWR:

PSEUDOPILOT:ALL
@N:SAS502:4007:1:51.4660870:-0.4750690:80:0:36:0
$FPSAS502:*A:I:A320:420:EGLL:0000:0000:37000:EKCH:00:00:0:0::/v/:N0440F370 BPK Q295 CLN UL620 ARTOV UP44 SOMVA UP155 OKOKO UZ303 DHE UP729 DOSUR DCT TUDLO
SIMDATA:SAS502:*:*:25:1:0.010
$ROUTE:RW27L D132B D072J D197J D197F BAPAG BPK
DELAY:3:7
INITIALPSEUDOPILOT:EGLL_M_TWR

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

No nonsense controlling Twitch - HazControl ✈️

@HVatsim

Aric Taylor
Posted
Posted

Thanks Harry!

I figured it had something to do with that but the file I created was for clearance/gnd so the tags were in easy ground mode with limited tag features to click. Adding the line of code to all the aircraft fixed it!