You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

A couple of questions

Joaquin Blanco

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Have got vPilot working on a Networked set-up P3Dv3 and have three issues.

I can connect to freq and hear all comms, however even though my headset is correctly identified by vPilot the Controllers cannot hear me. Did microphone set-up and all was fine.

When trying to set PTT on Client it doesn't recognise my Yoke PTT button, it does recognise the keyboard. After selecting a key on keyboard and trying to contact Controllers they still couldn't hear me.

Did a successful model match test on MyTraffic6 & UT2 but VIP completely failed. VIP folder is in the Airplanes folder. What would be the correct way to get VIP to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the test?

Apologies if any of the above have been asked before.

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

My apologies, please disregard the issue with the PTT when I read the instructions I missed the bit about pressing CTRL-S in Traffic proxy.

The only thing I still haven't managed to get to work is the VIP set, any help on that still much appreciated.

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

If you have VIP installed in a separate folder underneath your Airplanes folder, you'd need a separate entry in your fsx.cfg file, [Main] section. See number 7 below for an example:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\WOAI

SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Airplanes\VIP

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations