You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TGIF -----> Saturday Scramble (4/8)

David Klain 874106

David Klain 874106
Posted
Posted (edited)

satscram1.jpg

As those of you who read these forums know, the TGIF event to Chicago for next Friday (April 7th) has been cancelled. This is a disappointment to all as this event generates a lot of traffic and is enjoyed by many pilots who do not belong to the sponsoring VAs. Purely by happenstance (our schedule for 2006 was developed last November) the United Virtual Airlines/Virtual Air Canada Saturday Scramble for Saturday April 8th also happens to be going to Chicago this week.

This event is open to all pilots no matter what VA they belong to or even if they don't belong to one at all! UVA and VAC just sponsor it to try and guarantee the center we are visiting enough traffic to get the controllers out and manned.

The event is scheduled for arrival in the Chicago area (primarily KORD and KMDW) from 2300-0200Z on the night of Saturday, April 8th. Event details can be found here.

Below are some images from today's Scramble into Raleigh. Note the aircraft in a hold North of the airport...several aircraft held for over 20 minutes!

scramble-2006-apr-2-002.jpg

scramble-2006-apr-2-003.jpg

Come and join the Saturday Scramble for fun in Chicago!

Dave

Edited by Guest

Manuel Hernandez 923212
Posted
Posted

I dont know exactly what happened, I did read the posts. I think it is a shame that Mr. Williams is going to let his VA suffer for a what sounds like a personal grudge against Mr. Turner. Did we forget what we gather here for?

Manuel Hernandez DVA2569

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t Director of Human Resources

Delta Virtual Airlines

www.deltava.org

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

Might want to edit that post right away to nip this in the butt real quick before we get another fire bomb rant thread...

David thats great that you are inviting all VA's to attend that event, I'll be sure to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] it along to my pilots at Midwest!

Nick

Manuel Hernandez 923212
Posted
Posted

I understand that this may be matches to a gas can, but that is the way I feel. I am not trying be rude, I just think that whatever the issue is they should have handled via email. I am sure that they are both stand-up guys, if they just talked it through everything would be a ok. On the flipside, it is sad to see TGIF get cancelled..

Manuel Hernandez DVA2569

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t Director of Human Resources

Delta Virtual Airlines

www.deltava.org

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

Wave to Indy Tower as you p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] by! Looks cool Dave, I will do my best to make it next weekend to Midway!

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Might want to edit that post right away to nip this in the butt real quick

Yes, otherwise it might come back to bite us in the .... I think you meant bud

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Kiel McGowan 813486
Posted
Posted

I agree, I havent seen anything to suggest either Jeff or Lance are not stand up guys, seems like Lance got fired up for one reason or another, and may have taken it way over the edge and it seems Jeff too drastic measures to stop this. Matches to the fire or not, we will never see both sides of the story, and its hard to believe one or the other, so I hope VCA will continue TGIF for the sake of VATUSA and not hold it back due to someone [mod] you off one night. Things happen, move on and well...forget about it. Politics aside everyone is here to have a good time and fly/control, why take that away.

David Klain 874106
Posted
Posted

Not wanting to censor anyone's comments, but I request this post remain focused on the Saturday Scramble event lest it be locked down. I have no knowledge of what led to TGIF shutting down and prefer not to speculate in these forums. Anyone who wants to is respectfully requested to do so in another post and let us focus on supporting/providing information to anyone who wants to "Scramble to Chicago".

And yes Nick...we would love it it ATA Virtual wanted to fly in to MDW at the same time our TED flights go in there while United and Virtual Air Canada flights roll into O'Hare...that is a recipe for a fun time for pilots and controllers alike!

Dave

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted
And yes Nick...we would love it it ATA Virtual wanted to fly in to MDW at the same time our TED flights go in there while United and Virtual Air Canada flights roll into O'Hare...that is a recipe for a fun time for pilots and controllers alike!

Dave

We're a megar bunch, but we'll do our best!

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

John Speranza 908835
Posted
Posted

I've got an idea...

Let's start a new event; That is like TGIF; But is TGIS! (On Saturday, vs. Friday)...

We could have UVA, VAC, ATAv, and a few other VA's join in as well!

It could be a new movement! Out with the old, in with the new!

I'll be there

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted
Not wanting to censor anyone's comments, but I request this post remain focused on the Saturday Scramble event lest it be locked down. I have no knowledge of what led to TGIF shutting down and prefer not to speculate in these forums. Anyone who wants to is respectfully requested to do so in another post and let us focus on supporting/providing information to anyone who wants to "Scramble to Chicago".

David, I can appreciate what you are trying to do, but isn't that a bit hypocritical? You started this thread, talking about TGIF Getting cancelled, yet you ask people not to talk about it, when they do? Perhaps if you'd started the thread JUST about the Scramble, then you'd be correct in asking people to keep on topic.

Andrew Tunall 900330
Posted
Posted

I think Mr. Klain was simply advertising an event, and providing for an alternate, since a normally occuring event is cancelled this week. Nothing hypocritical about it.

Cheers,

Andrew

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

I guess we see it different.

Dane Latham 904666
Posted
Posted

AvA, while not a part of "TGIF", is still planning on visiting the fine folks in the ORD ARTCC this Friday.

While I can't say in any "official" capacity, I feel it's safe to say that all of AvA definitly appreciates all of the hard work that the ARTCC's do in preparation for our arrival, in the Events that we participate in.

See ya Friday nite!

1141956749_Capt._Amazingus-1.jpg

Capt. Pilotus Amazingus -Superhero to the aviation m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es.

307.png

Mark Brummett
Posted
Posted

David, I can appreciate what you are trying to do, but isn't that a bit hypocritical? You started this thread, talking about TGIF Getting cancelled, yet you ask people not to talk about it, when they do? Perhaps if you'd started the thread JUST about the Scramble, then you'd be correct in asking people to keep on topic.

You're being a little hypersensitive, don't you think? Especially considering, from what I've seen, that you've sided with Mr. Williams without really knowing what's gone on with it.

On another note, nice meeting you last week, Dave. Excellent presentation.

Mark Brummett

Website owner, http://www.zkcartcc.org

ZKC Events Co-ordinator

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

How is anything I've said, Siding with anyone? What makes you think I don't know what's going on? Hmmm..

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted
What makes you think I don't know what's going on?

Because you don't act like it.....

Mark Brummett
Posted
Posted
How is anything I've said, Siding with anyone? What makes you think I don't know what's going on? Hmmm..

I saw enough of the replies in the VCair forums before access was restricted to registered members only. That was all I needed to see.

Mark Brummett

Website owner, http://www.zkcartcc.org

ZKC Events Co-ordinator

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Not wanting to censor anyone's comments, but I request this post remain focused on the Saturday Scramble event lest it be locked down.

Dave

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted

TGIF has not been cancelled ijm not gonna say what lance can go do but you get the point it is still alive and its going to keep on happening i myself will organize it if no one else does VCAIR is not TGIF

the artcc's are TGIF

and the pilots are TGIF

not one man

certainly not lance

and certainly not VCAIR...

The thoughts and/or words or any general things that are expressed above are not a direct reflection of the views of the actual poster myself, Rey Lopez, and should be disregarded and left unread.

Andrew Miller 873677
Posted
Posted

ZAU has 12 controllers who reserved postions for Friday's Free For All. We expect to have m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive amounts of traffic during this time period. Even though it's not called TGIF it's expected to have just as much traffic.

Andrew Miller

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted

Pan Am VA (even tho we arent as large as AvA or Delta (YET) will fully support the "Free For All"

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

You guys crack me up. Guess I'll chock it up to you giving me a hard time for having vcair in my Sig, which has been there for months, long before this stuff happened.

I guess that mean's I'm Anti Turner, and Pro Williams, 100% Eh?

Grow up.

And Mark, I don't recall posting anything in the vcair forums for, or against TGIF, since this happened. So go make your fake name, and go reapply there, so you can spy, and prove me wrong.

Personally, if it matters. I'd like to See TGIF Continue. But I know it's future is foggy, at best.

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

inside-grover.jpg

This topic has been "Grover Stopped". This picture brings out the friendliness in all of us.

Grover reminds us to share, be kind to others, and not hurt eachothers feelings. Grover also reminds us not to use combative words and to work on our inflection so people dont read into our forum posts.

Nick

Richard Green 810012
Posted
Posted

GroverAIR....

I like the sound of that.

Richard Green

VATSIM Supervisor

SB Testing & Support Team

VRC Testing & Support Team