You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Another new player looking for help with vatsim and fsx

Ian Campbell 1339829

Ian Campbell 1339829
Posted
Posted

A newbie but oldie needing a little help.

Am able to connect to the simulator. Have successfully added Model Matching Rule Set for my add-on PA28-161 Warrior II. Selected YSCB as my airport and aircraft is sitting in the General Aviation parking area. Last night selected ATIS and text of the broadcast came across the top of the screen. Unfortunately this morning I played around with the rightmost selector knob of the KMA-24 Audio/Marker Beacon console, which gives virtually no indication of the current selection, and have lost contact with ATIS for the time being but will sort this in due course.

What I would likle to do next, as recommended, is listen in for a while before attempting the first flight.

As I understand the rules, I must file a flight plan before commencing a flight. Must I also do this to only listen in? If so propose to file VFR for YSCB to YGLB, route DCT CB GLB. Am aware ICAO lists my Warrior II as P28A and will use this as aircraft type.

Will appreciate comments please. Thanks.

Ian