You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Baseball Opening Night! 02Apr06 8PM to ?

Steven Perry

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

This isn't truely a planned event, more of an impromptu staff up. Cleveland Indians travel to Chicago to play the world champion White Sox tonight. Cleveland and Chicago will be staffed up to celebrate with any pilots who want to commemorate the return of the national pastime. We're planning for 8PM until they cut off beer sales in the 7th inning... maybe longer. Everyone is welcome!

Steve Perry

Air Traffic Manager

vZOB ARTCC

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Ethan Klapper 884347
Posted
Posted
openingday.jpg

Ethan Klapper

VATUSA13

VATUSA Deputy Events Director

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted

umm GO ROYALS

The thoughts and/or words or any general things that are expressed above are not a direct reflection of the views of the actual poster myself, Rey Lopez, and should be disregarded and left unread.

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

Wow, there is another Royals fan on this board? I thought I would be the only one.

Tom Ferry 942166
Posted
Posted

game might not happen supposed to be severe wx...under a tornado warning till midnite.

Tom Ferry

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

Tornado watch, not warning. That would be one long warning.

Just cloudy at the moment, although there is still over an hour to go until game time.

Tom Ferry 942166
Posted
Posted

err sorry meant watch

Tom Ferry

Neil Corman 881190
Posted
Posted
Wow, there is another Royals fan on this board? I thought I would be the only one.

Well up until last year, I thought I was one of the 82 White Sox fans in the world. I found out that there were more than 82.

Neil C

President and CEO, Virtual Frontier

www.virtualfrontier.org

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted
Well up until last year, I thought I was one of the 82 White Sox fans in the world. I found out that there were more than 82.

Yeah, but you guys won the world series. You have to have guts to admit to being a Royals fan. We SUCK!

Neil Corman 881190
Posted
Posted

Yeah, but you guys won the world series. You have to have guts to admit to being a Royals fan. We SUCK!

Up until last year the White Sox were best known for throwing a World Series, Disco Demoltion night, and the uniforms which were shorts... Remember that the Royals won a series in the 80's, a lot more than some teams can say.

Neil C

www.virtualfrontier.org

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

I know, I was at all seven of those games. Although, it's not like I remember them, I was only four.

It's not that I don't know Royals fans are out there, but nobody will admit it. So it was strange to see someone admit it.

Nathan Sleyster 878239
Posted
Posted

You Royals fans....*sigh*. Not sure how you can be a fan of that team. Although I do enjoy going to their home games because you can get in very cheap, and nobody is ever there! I especially like "Dollar Night." heheh

ZSE ATM and I1

1798.png

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted
You Royals fans....*sigh*. Not sure how you can be a fan of that team.

How can you be a fan of any team? Not like every team wins the championship.

Let me guess, whoever won the championship the previous year, you're a fan of.

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted

i usually sleep or watch traffic on i-70 ironically i ahve ticks to the CHW game on sun.

The thoughts and/or words or any general things that are expressed above are not a direct reflection of the views of the actual poster myself, Rey Lopez, and should be disregarded and left unread.

Nathan Sleyster 878239
Posted
Posted
You Royals fans....*sigh*. Not sure how you can be a fan of that team.

How can you be a fan of any team? Not like every team wins the championship.

Let me guess, whoever won the championship the previous year, you're a fan of.

Very funny. I'm a Chiefs fan, so I know all about rooting for a disappointing team, lol!

ZSE ATM and I1

1798.png

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

pssshh...go cubbies

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

My predictions:

ALC: Kansas City Royals

NLC: Milwaukee Brewers

Brewers win world series 4 games to 2.

Nick

Ethan Klapper 884347
Posted
Posted

This is exactly what a hijacked thread is..we talk about a fly-in and it turns into a discussion about the MLB...

Ethan Klapper

VATUSA13

VATUSA Deputy Events Director

Neil Corman 881190
Posted
Posted
This is exactly what a hijacked thread is..we talk about a fly-in and it turns into a discussion about the MLB...

The flyin was based on MLB... and this discussion of baseball kept it towards the top of the forum.

Neil C

www.virtualfrontier.org