You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Using old (pre-1.3) versions of XSquawkBox on VATSIM

Christopher Collins

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

As I mentioned when I released the XSquawkBox 1.3.1 update, we discovered a bug in the server list that prevented users from connecting to the servers after a recent change.

If you want to continue using a pre-1.3.1 version of XSquawkBox (for example, you're still using X-Plane 9 or earlier), you'll need to manually enter the server IP address when connecting as the server list feature will not select a valid address.

To do this, you'll need to find the IP address of a VATSIM server close to you - you can find this out using the excellent VAT-Spy software (Windows only), or searching for a webpage that lists the current servers (such as Delta Virtual's Server Information Page). If you enter the IP address directly into the server text-box, your old version of XSquawkBox should be able to connect as normal.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

• Zach Biesse-Fitton unpinned this topic