You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Lincoln, Nebraska!

Chris McGee

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

The Minneapolis ARTCC will be staffing the Lincoln TRACON from the top down starting at 1800EST tonight for kicks and giggles. We are inviting all that would like to explore a great airport to attend. Pilots can expect at least Approach/Departure, Center, Tower & Ground for atleast two hours. Hope to see you there!

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

I want to thank all the guys that came out, we had about 4 in the pattern and 4 IFR departures! Thanks again.

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

Wish I would have noticed this earlier, would have made a nice GA flight from my local field.

Do you plan to do it again anytime soon?

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

Actualy were thinking about it every sunday, any requests?

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted
Actualy were thinking about it every sunday, any requests?

Yea lets see, Ill take a big mac , large fry, and a milkshake.

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

coming right up boss

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

On a serious note....staff and I shall fly

Bryant Andrew 857583
Posted
Posted

I was quite surprising seeing all that traffic, considering it was only LNK and not MSP. We plane to do it once a week. Possibly a new cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] D or C in our ARTCC every sunday. We will keep you posted. Thanks to all pilots who showed up, you gave our TWR controller a workout.

Martin Tochacek 958828
Posted
Posted

In addition to Lincoln, how about Omaha? Do you think you guys could staff there sometime? I used to live there and flew out of Eppley quite often. Thanks.

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
In addition to Lincoln, how about Omaha? Do you think you guys could staff there sometime? I used to live there and flew out of Eppley quite often. Thanks.

I would hope so! I was born and raised there, and should have gone into the aviation program at UNO, but went Comp. Sci. instead! But I'd love to see R90 staffed. puddlehops between SDA, MLE, CBF, and 3N0 would be great!!

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Bryant Andrew 857583
Posted
Posted

Actually, We are Staffing RST this Sunday for our new "Casual Sunday" staffing. Come shoot some Approaches or do some Tower Enrotue to MSP. Lets see if we can top the traffic amount we got from LNK !!!:D

We will have one at OMA that week after, any more requests for airports in ZMP, Requests welcome.

Timothy Boger 942264
Posted
Posted

Mmmmm....RST...I'm working approach for you guys...if I let out a few "woohoo"s, its because I LOVE THIS AIRSPACE.

Timothy Boger

ZMP ATM!