You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Weird profile prediction (far below 0)

Jonas Kuster

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

A controller in our vACC recently had a strange vertical profile prediction of an aircraft. His primary problem was that this aircraft was displayed in his SIL although refering to the route that aircraft would never cross his (approach) airspace. Luckily he was recording that session and so I was able to replay that situation and discovered (what I expected) that the vertical profile prediction was crossing his airspace and so the aircraft was displayed in the SIL.

The real problem is, I've no clue why ES does calculate the profile as it did. You can see the altitudes in the picture attached. From cruising level, ES calculated a continuous descend even far below 0. Neither airspace and navigation data in our sector file nor the flight plan of the specific aircraft seems to cause that strange profile prediction. And there have been other aircraft before (not that specific session of this controller) flying the same route and not causing such predictions.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem? Gergely, you can perhaps have a look at the replay for investigation?

uc?id=0B5u2QF4jFHDUSzE0Q3pDUUV3ZG8&export=download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5u2QF4jFHDUSzE0Q3pDUUV3ZG8/view

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I have downloaded your SCT/ESE. Started a simulator session with these data. So far with no lack. The profile was just good. If you have the saved session LOG I would be happy to take a look.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer