You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

invalid callsign issue

Tim Kornmann 1295542

Tim Kornmann 1295542
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys

yesterday, i should have had my first lesson on LSGG ground. Unfortunately we had a problem to connect with VATSIM (live) server. It always said/says “Invalid callsign”. But if I connect with OBS callsign – it works. So obviously no connection problem. As an OBS I can see all traffic and I can listen to all available frequency's.

But if I try to connect as LSGG_A_GND for example - it says “invalid callsign”. My mentor connected to my computer via “Teamviewer”. He tried to logon with his own account. But it says still the same “invalid callsign”. So its no account issue either?!

Any suggestions?

3d1019-1451818374.jpg

7875e2-1451818398.jpg

Deon Mathews
Posted
Posted

On LSGG_A_GND, change your rating to Student1? That could possibly be the issue.

Deon Mathews

VATSIM Marketing & Communications Team

Tim Kornmann 1295542
Posted
Posted

No – we tried this as well. And as I mentioned before. My mentor logged in with his account data and his ratings – still the same issue. It must be a problem caused by my euroscope. And as I said – its not a connection problem, because I can connect as OBS.

And by the way, I re installed everything. Now I'm using the newest beta version of Euroscope.

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

Hi Tim,

I don't believe you can connect to an active position (DEL/GND etc) as an OBS rated member, but there is no issue with connecting as _OBS. Which is linked to the Code of Conduct C3 "When logging onto VATSIM as an observer, an individual should have a callsign which ends as follows: "_OBS". Prior to the underscore an individual may use any letters such as initials or airport identifiers. By logging on as an observer, an individual must not communicate on any open text or voice frequency with pilots. In other words, an observer is prohibited from providing air traffic control services."

In order to allow training the sweatbox server has had these restrictions removed. Until you complete your OBS-S1 training then you can't connect as GND but can connect as OBS.

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Tim Kornmann 1295542
Posted
Posted

Hey Phillip,

Thank you for this Information. But how do you explain the fact , that my mentor (instructor) cant login from my PC (via teamviewer) with his VATSIM ident?

I would highly appreciate if you could join me on my computer (via teamviewer) as well, so that you can try it with your ID and licenses?

Greetings

Tim

Mike Evans
Posted
Posted

The only thing I can think of is that you have a space after the D, and didn't realize it? Invalid Callsign as an error is literally that, you've got something in the callsign that shouldn't be there...

Mike Evans

Tim Kornmann 1295542
Posted
Posted

would be nice if it would be that easy Nobody knows about this problem. Its still the same!

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

Have you tried completely deleting the callsign and typing it in again?

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg