You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Is a plug-in allowed to fetch data from an external source?

Martijn Rammeloo

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

Hi Gergely,

I have created a web-based 'EHAM Gate Planner'. The purpose of this tool is to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist Schiphol GND Controllers in [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning gates to inbound flights, preferably [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning real life gates when possible.

One of my fellow controllers suggested that inserting the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned gate into the ES arrival list would be convenient, since he wouldn't have to read the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned gate on the website, and then type it into ES anymore.

Before teaching myself C++, and trying (...) to write the necessary plug-in, I would like to know if it is possible at all to make a plug-in 'fetch' data from an external source.

Kind regards,

Martijn

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

Pierre, merci! Next challenge: learn a lot of new stuff...

Martijn

• 1 month later...
Merik Nanish 1184142
Posted
Posted

The euroNAT plugin, the source code of which I have and can share with you, fetches info from outside sources and draws the North Atlantic Routes on the radar scope. If you want it please send me a private message and give me your email.

NYARTCC Facility Engineer and Instructor

255qao8.png

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

@Merik,

One of my fellow controllers is going to work on the plugin. I will p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] your offer to him. Thanks anyway!

Martijn

Dimitri Molenaars 1186170
Posted
Posted

Said fellow controller here. Cheers for the info! I'll message you if it turns out the vSMR/SMRPlugin confuses me too much.

Signed,

Dimitri "Tyrope" Molenaars