You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ES opening in mini-window

Martijn Rammeloo

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

Hi,

In about half the cases that I start ES, it opens in a 'mini-window', see the pic in my dropbox folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/loy05k213khpin3/2016-01-26%2018_33_55-EuroScope%20v3.2.png?dl=0

The only way to exit is through the task scheduler. This behaviour started after upgrading to Win 10 AND buying a second monitor, although there obviously is no proof that either change causes this behaviour.

Any ideas? Of course this is no big deal, but annoying nevertheless...

Kind regards,

Martijn

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted
Hi,

In about half the cases that I start ES, it opens in a 'mini-window', see the pic in my dropbox folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/loy05k213khpin3/2016-01-26%2018_33_55-EuroScope%20v3.2.png?dl=0

The only way to exit is through the task scheduler. This behaviour started after upgrading to Win 10 AND buying a second monitor, although there obviously is no proof that either change causes this behaviour.

Any ideas? Of course this is no big deal, but annoying nevertheless...

Kind regards,

Martijn

Try pressing the windows key and the up arrow to maximise it.

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, win + arrow up does nothing at all.

As a matter of fact, Windows seems to think that ES has opened a regular full-screen window: even though ES only occupies a small portion of my screen, I cannot click on any other 'thing' on my workbench, except the taskbar.

Martijn

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

I also have this problem, but it seems the window is actually here, so click in the right hand corner of your screen where the maximise button should be, and you'll see the window magically appear

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

As far as I know, ES doesn't use Windows windows! It's all native code. I've had this once or twice but never worked out why. I think it may be to do with using two monitors of different resolutions (especially pre Windows 10). It seems to be easily resolved by using the ES boxes top right as suggested.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

@Pierre: brilliant, clicking the invisble 'maximize button' does the trick!

Martijn

• 1 month later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I have seen this on my computer as well. But rarely enough not to be able to debug. I am still looking for a reproducible situation. For safety reason I included the Exit command to the left most menu.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer