Open Skies Agreement

Hello all,

So basically, who is responsible for Georgia (UGGG FIR) - VATEUR1 says RUS, all other info contradicts and states EUD. I read somewhere about the Open Skies Agreement - can anybody enlighten me? Looking at flying a bit more around that area

(I'm not planning on controlling there if any SCA guys are wondering, I'm just doing some research - I'm still awaiting S2 in Sweden whilst the new training directors come [its been a year since I started, 3 different mentors - think I'm a pain with timings] )

Anyway, so is Georgia covered under Open Skies? What are the details of this FIR?

Regards,

Damon

Hello Damon,

Currently Georgia is neither part of our Open Skies sectors nor an FIR covered by a vACC. If you are interested in controlling in Georgia please leave us an email at director [at] vateud.net and we will coordinate this. However, if you are interested only in flying within the area, this has nothing to do with the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment of the FIR either the existance of a local facility.

Best Regards,

Andreas Dermitzakis

Deputy Region Director, VATSIM Europe

Abk76lz.png

Since Georgia is not a VACC inside VATRUS neither VATEUD, it is "Open Skies" for VATEUR.

Everyone from Europe Region can control there according to the GRP.

Georgia is (as defined by VATEUR under part 1 of their policy), a member of VATEUD.

Correct me if I am wrong, but in 2008 Georgia separated from VATRUS due to the real life conflict between Gerogia and Russia. As far as I remember this territory was made Open Skies.

I wasn't at any staff position then, so i can be mistaken. Is there any history or logs that can / cannot prove this story?

The mentioned Policy also states that Moldova is the part of VATEUD, but it has been transferred to VATRUS and they established a VACC due to the fact that there are many russian-speaking members in it.

VATRUS Division Director, Supervisor

RU-CEN_FSS - CIS Central Asia FSS ("Asia-Center")

Email: director(at)vatrus.info