You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xsquawkbox voice problems

William Goldie 816459

William Goldie 816459
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I have currently installed xsquawkbox for xplane 10 on my iMac.

while I don't use voice to transmit, I do use voice to receive.

When I connect online, no matter what frequency I select I still hear atc at EGKK speaking with pilots on his frequency. This continued through the flight until I was out of range of the atc frequency.

This persisted even although I had changed both radio 1 & 2 frequencies repeatedly.

Is there a way to stop this, have I done something wrong or do I need to install team speak separately for iMac?

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

First off, teamspeak has nothing to do with issues caused by XSB (to my knowledge).

Can you try this:

1) Turn off default ATC if it is on

2) Make sure both COM1 and COM2 are not on the issue frequency (in the actual radio stack in your aircraft)

3) Click update voice room

If for some reason you can't change the actual radios in the aircraft, that is likely what is causing the problem. We'll deal with that if it comes up.

• 4 weeks later...
William Goldie 816459
Posted
Posted

Can someone please let me know how I may switch the Plane voices off?

I've sorted part of the problem as it was caused by my com 2 freq.

I've tried turning the aTC sound slider down fully but still hear the Plane ATC voices over the Squawkbox ATC voice, particularly when it is a ATIS report.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Andrew Culver 1354600
Posted
Posted

I solved this one by turning off both COM1 and COM2 on my airplane's audio control panels. VATSIM audio will still be heard with your radios' sound off, and X-Plane's AI ATC will not. Note it's not your radios that are off, just their sound that is no longer patched through your airplane's audio system. All other radio settings still apply.

Weird to fly with radio sound off, sim-wise, but I got over that. VATSIM adds a whole new dimension to flight simulating, so I learned to get over the little lights on my radio panel no longer glowing!

Andrew Culver

William Goldie 816459
Posted
Posted

Andrew,

now waiting on new IMac arriving next week so will give that a go soon.

thanks

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
I solved this one by turning off both COM1 and COM2 on my airplane's audio control panels. VATSIM audio will still be heard with your radios' sound off, and X-Plane's AI ATC will not. Note it's not your radios that are off, just their sound that is no longer patched through your airplane's audio system. All other radio settings still apply.

Weird to fly with radio sound off, sim-wise, but I got over that. VATSIM adds a whole new dimension to flight simulating, so I learned to get over the little lights on my radio panel no longer glowing!

Uh, yeah... about that... I will be fixing that one of these days - I'm not at all keen on how the dual radio support works right now.

I recall addressing this on my own set-up by turning the ATC sound sliders to 0, and disabling ATC support in X-Plane itself here and there.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Andrew Culver 1354600
Posted
Posted

Uh, yeah... about that... I will be fixing that one of these days - I'm not at all keen on how the dual radio support works right now.

I recall addressing this on my own set-up by turning the ATC sound sliders to 0, and disabling ATC support in X-Plane itself here and there.

Thanks for the reply Chris(topher). It would be a nice-to-have to fix the dual ATC problem.

But the bigger problem is that I can consistently crash X-Plane, with XSB clearly fingered as the culprit at the bottom of log.txt, by using anything but the default audio settings for my mic and speakers. I posted a detailed description of that last week:

https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=71022.

But you should know that I fly VATSIM with XSB regularly with no problems if I keep to default audio. I really enjoy it and appreciate your making XSB available, and offering to continue maintaining it as time permits.

Cheers,

Andrew Culver