Runway Centerlines

It appears that runway centerlines are being affected by magnetic variation... this is causing them to appear slanted.

Here is FLL's 10s and 28s for example: http://i.imgur.com/aazwoq2.jpg

The fixes displayed are those on the ILSs, clearly a significant distance from what is shown to be the runway centerline.

It's drawing them with a true heading of 264, 270 magnetic (using the latest update with the LA fix for the 28s).

In the file from MyFSim.com, 270 is the heading it has listed for FLL.

The runway heading it should be displaying is 276, it appears that in this case, it is actually subtracting rather than adding.

Nope, these two issues are unrelated. The centerline rendering code uses the magnetic variation listed in the Airports.xml file, which has the correct value for FLL. (6.1083333333333334 degrees.)

It's working fine for me at KBOS.

Can you post your facility file for download?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

My temporary fix -- setting all the mag vars to 0.

The runway centerlines are being calculated based on a magnetic heading rather than a true heading. I think this is more going to mess up other stuff than actual be a practical solution.

Yes, the centerlines are projected using magnetic heading, because the runway headings found in the Airports.xml file are magnetic, not true.

If setting the magvar to zero in your custom Airports.xml file fixes the issue, then I must [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that the runway headings in that file are true, not magnetic as they're supposed to be.

Why not just use the Airports.xml file that comes with vERAM and just change the runway numbers at the airports where there have been runway changes in your facility?

I'll make it a priority to get an updated Airports.xml file generated, same with Waypoints.xml.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC