You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Post V1.XXXX together with V2

Chen Patrick 1287899

Chen Patrick 1287899
Posted
Posted

I have to say i looooove vATIS. It's a perfect software for controller in VATSIM,especially for US controller.

But the latest version seems to be a little bit complex for controllers (e.g. in China). So can u release both V1XX and V2XX together so that controller can choose their best version:)thx

Kai Ko
Posted
Posted

I agree, vATIS v1 was way more easier to configure

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Shouldnt you be creating an atis in the specific format to your area of operation, whats the point of us all having a FAA USA format ATIS?

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Zhenhao Yang
Posted
Posted
Shouldnt you be creating an atis in the specific format to your area of operation, whats the point of us all having a FAA USA format ATIS?

In vATIS v1, there is an option to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the METAR into an ICAO format ATIS which is applicable to many areas around the world, including VATPRC. All the controller has to do is to add a bit of regionally-specific information into the Arr/Dep info or the NOTAMs and he will be all set. Now that vATIS is updated to v2, there is no built-in support for non-US formats anymore and in many divisions around the world, there is simply no better system to come up with a good ATIS compared to vATIS. It would be to the best interest of controllers and pilots in these regions alike if Justin could still provide v1 as an option.

Zhenhao Yang
Conflict Resolution Manager, VATSIM Americas Region

VATUSA ZTL C3 Senior Controller

VATPRC Staff Emeritus

vatsim_0.png