You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Strange TAGs remaining on radar when FP track correlated?

Eoin Motherway 1315348

Eoin Motherway 1315348
Posted
Posted

I'm doing up a tag family and symbology file for KZAK oceanic and i'm having some small issues.

1. Odd aircraft blips

9dVlf0Gr.png

In the image above, you can see the yellow tag, which is the flight plan track (main one for oceanic) but there is also a white tag with a square shaped "blip". I can not do anything to this white tag and in the symbology settings, the square "blip" is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to "Aircraft corr, prim and mode A+C mode sec". In the TAG settings, Mode A+C is not set to look anything like this...

2. Unable to amend items for some aircraft.

f3KEWPp.png

I have accepted this tag. Symbology says this is a correlated S mode aircraft and i am unable to change details of this aircraft, mainly the ETA's for fixes along the route.

3. International Date line.......

This one is a popular in VATPAC for arrivals into Sydney from the US.

When an aircraft p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es the INTL date line, the ETA's change making the system think the aircraft is somewhere else. I can not accept a tag when it is in this state as i have no way of doing so and displaying the flightplan track datablock. Changing the ETA's in the flightplan has only worked once for me and i dont even remember what i did...

Please help.

C1 Controller

/O Pacific Oceanic Endorsement

BICC_FSS (Iceland Radio) Endorsement

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

I have accepted this tag. Symbology says this is a correlated S mode aircraft and i am unable to change details of this aircraft, mainly the ETA's for fixes along the route.

For this, you should disable Mode S correlation in the EuroScope settings, as you don't use it at all, otherwise you'll have to copy all of your tags from the "A+C" mode to the "S". To disable mode S, just delete anything that is in the mode S field in the settings window.

Eoin Motherway 1315348
Posted
Posted

For this, you should disable Mode S correlation in the EuroScope settings, as you don't use it at all, otherwise you'll have to copy all of your tags from the "A+C" mode to the "S". To disable mode S, just delete anything that is in the mode S field in the settings window.

I just gave that a shot and still no luck. The "S-Mode Transponders" field is empty and i can still only edit ETA's when both the white tag and yellow tag are displaying.

C1 Controller

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

3. International Date line.......

This one is a popular in VATPAC for arrivals into Sydney from the US.

When an aircraft p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es the INTL date line, the ETA's change making the system think the aircraft is somewhere else. I can not accept a tag when it is in this state as i have no way of doing so and displaying the flightplan track datablock. Changing the ETA's in the flightplan has only worked once for me and i dont even remember what i did...

Please help.

When you have this problem, open up the flight plan, place a time next to YSSY, or any fix that is around YSSY, this will move the flight plan track to target to around Sydney, then using the middle mouse wheel function manually correlate the tags.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

For the other issue,

Question 1, why not just use TAAATS mod?

Question 2, has the ese file been edited to include radar data? IE the location of the radar heads

Question 3, In Euroscope settings have you ticked the box simulate radar coverage and outage? Which AFAIK only makes a difference if radar locations have been entered into the ESE file

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Eoin Motherway 1315348
Posted
Posted

Hey Kirk,

I'll give your ETA trick a shot next time i'm on.

1. I adore the TAAATS mod but i also love realism which is why i'm attempting to replicate the Oakland Oceanic tag system only for the Oakland Oceanic Sector. TAAATS for AU

2. I haven't gotten around to doing up an ese file just yet, might not even do one since i dont exactly need it and i can control KZAK fine without it.

C1 Controller