You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Quest for a cargo VA

Nikos Stournaras 892258

Nikos Stournaras 892258
Posted
Posted

Hello everybody,

I believe I am writing to the correct forum and as the subject implies I am looking for a cargo virtual airline. I know there are quite enough of them out there but what exactly I am looking for is a VA with the following aspects:

1. I want an active one with an active community where meeting someone in the virtual skies would yield a "hello" and a forum where ideas could be discussed... a vividly, in constant evolution VA.

2. A virtual airline which will count on my FS experience (1200hr in VATSIM and 540 VATSIM hours with my current VA which I intend to continue being a member of), allowing me to fly the 757F from the first day (I like that bird) along with scheduled flights, meaning I want the aircrafts/loads available at all times.

3. If not from the very beginning, I want the opportunity to fly bigger airplanes like the 767, 747 etc. after gaining ranks but I would like these ranks to be reasonable, meaning that needing 1 year to reach that rank giving access to the 747 or 777 is not what I am after.

4. Last one, I would like a cargo VA which might have a global presence, worldwide hubs are good, but I want, at least, some operations in Europe.

If anyone is aware of a suitable one based on my needs, please let me know.

Nikos.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

head on over to the VATSIM partners, list, youll be able to narrow it down to the cargo VA's.

https://vasops.vatsim.net/

they arent normally allowed to pitch themselves here as it often turns into a ruler match

Nikos Stournaras 892258
Posted
Posted

I've already done so, filtering down the cargo ones. Some of them use other than english language making difficult to read their site and a couple of them have not responded to my application after a week or more which is not exactly "active". I posted here because there are VAs who are not cargo-only but have separate cargo departments and maybe other members of them would suggest them.

EJ Davis
Posted
Posted

Have you done any searching/poking around yet? There's quite a number of FedEx, UPS, and DHL virtuals out there!

Regards,

EJ DAVIS
Division Director
## [email protected]
Facebook WWWvisit VATCAR.net
VATSIM Logo

• 2 months later...
Brian  Corwin 1269430
Posted
Posted

I realize this is a late message but i am here to offer you a different sort of opportunity. The Virtual United States Air Force is always looking for dedicated cargo pilots to fly in their Air Mobility Command (AMC). Whether you want to fly foreign diplomats to important meetings all over the world, move cargo and fuel, (in some cases ordinance) or just fly with a group of awesome guys with an active teamspeak - that is a great place to do it.

I was a member for 2 years, i left for about 7 months to deal with personal and health reasons but now that things are back on track I am a member again. The training program is very intuitive, they give you a placement test at that start to decided what path would benefit you the most in terms of learning the basics of vatsim and flying or pushing you out to your MR status.

Once you get your tail [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned there are 3 or 4 major events every year and there is always work to be done. (Did i mention you could get shot out of the sky by other members in war game situations!)

If this interests you head over to VUSAF.US

Thomas West 987410
Posted
Posted

Nikos,

Have you checked out Flyuaa.org. They are 100% pilot friendly and are very relaxed with only a handful of rules. They are a different concept than your normal VA. They are very active on TS and using forums. They offer you as a pilot complete freedom to fly any aircraft on any route without CAT restrictions and other rules. Please check them out at www.flyuaa.org. or contact them at [email protected]. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
Mike Bridge 910820
Posted
Posted

Check out Globe Cargo If you are looking for late night trash hauling

Been going since 2004! Realistic bid system, but no limitations on starting aircraft

http://www.globecargova.org

Globe Cargo Virtual Airlines - Since 2004 simulating Atlas and Polar Air.

www.globecargova.org

New_Banner_STD1_zps0fzdngap.jpg