You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

x-plane airports

Michael Smith

Michael Smith
Posted
Posted

hello, its been a long time since i used x-plane. i remember that one problems with it was that it didn't have realistic airport layouts like FS. does x-plane 10 fix those problems?

thanks

michael

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

If anything XP10 has more realistic airport layouts since it was released with newer navdata.

I have a feeling you're not talking about that though and are talking about the physical buildings.

XP10 doesn' t have native buildings like FSX, however, it's very hard to not find a scenery for an airport. The ORG has an insane amount of files. I've found every scenery ranging from big Miami to Nizhnevartovsk (in Russia).

David Lovell
Posted
Posted

There's also the Scenery Gateway, where you'll find 3D airports that don't use third party libraries. Each release of X-Plane 10 incorporates more of those as and when they are available at the time.

Michael Smith
Posted
Posted

i care more about taxiway layout than buildings . i think im gonna give x-plane a ry

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
i care more about taxiway layout than buildings . i think im gonna give x-plane a ry

Yeah, most of the taxiways should be more accurate than those of FSX.

• 7 months later...
Frank Martinelli 1316586
Posted
Posted

I think very accurate in the vast majority of cases. Enjoy the new XP11. Cheers.