You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Virtual Airlines with Boston (BOS) Hub?

Camden Bruno

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I was recently conducting some research as to which virtual airlines on the network had a hub located at Boston Logan (BOS). Surprisingly, the only ones I have found that do are Virtual Blue (flyvblue.org) and Metro Air Virtual (metroairvirtual.com). Are there any others out there that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Delta has a hub there so you can expect the delta virtuals to have a hub as well.

there is also a cape air virtual, i know of one for sure at FSEconomy

the fictional VA's often do. think Pacific airways had one there when i was with them

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted
Delta has a hub there so you can expect the delta virtuals to have a hub as well.

there is also a cape air virtual, i know of one for sure at FSEconomy

the fictional VA's often do. think Pacific airways had one there when i was with them

Yes, aware of CAV (Cape Air Virtual) , as they are BVAs official virtual airline. However, I have not found a Delta VA that has a Boston hub, which surprised me.

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Delta's eastern US hubs are in New York, Atlanta and Detroit.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

they pulled out of boston too?

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
they pulled out of boston too?

When were they ever there? IIRC the east coast ops prior to the Northwest merger were centered around ATL, JFK and CVG. After the merger CVG and MEM got de-prioritized.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

didnt they practically own one of the terminals at one time or was it just a focus city?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

For quite a while they had just about every gate in Terminal A, but I'm pretty certain they never considered Boston a hub. They've since pulled back a bit, now sharing Terminal A with Southwest (that has moved over from Terminal E).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations