You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope "Built in Simulator"- how do I do it?

Jake Minihan

Jake Minihan
Posted
Posted

I've been reading about the built in simulator and it looks awesome but there is a problem.

The Wiki says that I should be able to find the option "Start Simulator Server" like

Simserver_start.jpg

but I don't see that option, just the other 4.

I use Euroscope v3.2 with Windows 7 64-bit. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the wiki is current so I should have this option?

Thanks!

Training S2 from SERTS

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

I think you managed to access somehow older sites of the wiki which are no longer valid for version 3.2. The simulator architecture has changed: http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Simulator_Architecture. So a standalone server on your computer is now started as a separate program and no longer from ES directly.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Jake Minihan
Posted
Posted
I think you managed to access somehow older sites of the wiki which are no longer valid for version 3.2. The simulator architecture has changed: http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Simulator_Architecture. So a standalone server on your computer is now started as a separate program and no longer from ES directly.

I just saw that, and from what I can see to start the session you need the FSD connector and then to connect in Sweatbox mode, but this surely can't be it as you must be an S3 for Sweatbox?

Training S2 from SERTS

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

For SweatBox you should be S3, but not for the local FSD server. It does not check your rating at all.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Jake Minihan
Posted
Posted
For SweatBox you should be S3, but not for the local FSD server. It does not check your rating at all.

Thanks for the response Gergely,

So to get the sim going I start the FSD server then start Euroscope, then what do I connect to? For me, the wiki is not very clear!

EDIT

So with the kind help of the VATSIM UK helpdesk I now know what to do. Thanks all for the replies! As it happens how do I have multiple versions of ES installed? I want 3.1.d and 3.2 but when I install 3.2 it RIP's 3.1.d!

Training S2 from SERTS

• 2 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

If you need 3.1d then save the files before upgrading. At least the folder with EXE and DLLs.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the response Gergely,

So to get the sim going I start the FSD server then start Euroscope, then what do I connect to? For me, the wiki is not very clear!

EDIT

So with the kind help of the VATSIM UK helpdesk I now know what to do. Thanks all for the replies! As it happens how do I have multiple versions of ES installed? I want 3.1.d and 3.2 but when I install 3.2 it RIP's 3.1.d!

Could you explain me how?

I tried a local FSD server connection and loaded a scenario. I saw one airplane, but it did not move and I wasn't able to do a thing with it.

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC