You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Data Tag Position

Richard Walls 935359

Richard Walls 935359
Posted
Posted

Congratulations on VRC! Its a great tool and the learning curve from ASRC to VRC is very small.

I did come across something I can't figure out. How do I reposition the Full Data Tag? In ASRC I can do F1 7 and it moves the data tag to the upper left. F1 2 moves it down. In VRC this results in a point out attempt.

Thanks ... Rich

935359.png

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Rich,

To move the TAG simply hold the left mouse button and rotate the tag you wnat in any position/length you wish

Chris

Steve Ogrodowski 876322
Posted
Posted

Excellent. So in those sticky situations, I can just grab the datatag (like I sometimes wish I could) and yank it around.

Steve Ogrodowski

Daniel Roesen
Posted
Posted

Actually I'm really missing the ability to rotate the data tag via keyboard. As someone who is lightning-fast with they keyboard, it takes me virtually lightyears to grab the mouse for something like that. As APP I rotate the tags to 8 or 2 position depending on which runway I planned (and told the pilot) the aircraft. That takes me about 0.3 seconds to do while updating the templevel, but will take me 2-3 seconds doing it with the mouse. That's a problem when working very busy APP.

Looks like I will be using ASRC when working busy APP (events) until this is in VRC... :-Z

Best regards,

Daniel

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Actually I'm really missing the ability to rotate the data tag via keyboard. As someone who is lightning-fast with they keyboard, it takes me virtually lightyears to grab the mouse for something like that. As APP I rotate the tags to 8 or 2 position depending on which runway I planned (and told the pilot) the aircraft. That takes me about 0.3 seconds to do while updating the templevel, but will take me 2-3 seconds doing it with the mouse. That's a problem when working very busy APP.

Looks like I will be using ASRC when working busy APP (events) until this is in VRC... :-Z

Of all the legitimate reasons someone might prefer ASRC over VRC (and there are many), this is not one I considered.

It's unlikely that the F1 functionality for repositioning a tag will ever be in VRC. I'll only add that feature if 75% of the membership buys me a beer. I'm talking real beer, like local brews and home brews.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted
I'm talking real beer, like local brews and home brews.

Just finished brewing a batch of barleywine, and racking a batch of Belgian Saison, which I was going to bring some up to the Tea Party this summer for you...

If I make it a couple 6-packs, any way we could get voice activation implemented so I don't have to lift a finger or move a mouse?? Think about it.. I could have a different type of brew in each hand and STILL control!!!

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Having the runway in sight just at TDZE + 100 is like Mom, Warm cookies and milk, and Christmas morning, all wrapped into one.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I could have a different type of brew in each hand and STILL control!!!

Now you're talking! (No pun intended ... well, sorta.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Javier Larroulet
Posted
Posted
I'll only add that feature if 75% of the membership buys me a beer. I'm talking real beer, like local brews and home brews.

Oh man.... that's quite a large amount of beer!!

Let's say out of 100,000 members half were active (or sort of active). 50,000. 75% of that would be 37,500. And 37,500 pints of beer is, well.... a lot

I'd be willing to help you out and drink a few with you if such bizarre display of generosity ever happens... just keep me away from the scopes for the following 6-8 hours (for noise abatement, hehehe)

EDIT: By the way, I think click&drag datatags are kinda cool... I actually take less time repositioning them this way than by using the keyboard

Javier Larroulet (C3) - Chile vACC

18.png

Richard Walls 935359
Posted
Posted

I actually like using the keyboard to reposition the data tag but then when using DSR I use the keyboard and CID for a lot of functions. Anyway this is a minor thing compared to all the wonderful new features in VRC.

I only have one monitor but getting a second one is high on my list. I'm dropping big time hints for my up coming birthday .

Rich

935359.png