vPilot disconnecting me from the network randomly

Hello Ross,

I have downloaded the latest version of vPilot which is 2.0.8 and when I connect to VATSIM, I find that it disconnects me from the network on a random basis. Sometimes once and sometimes like 2 - 4 times.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Flight Simulator X Deluxe SP2 (run as admin)

vPilot 2.0.8 (running as admin)

Thanks for your help,

Bahaeddine

Bahaeddine El-Zarif
vACC Director
##  [email protected]   
##  www.vatleb.net
##   ##
 forum sign.png

Ross,

I usually connect to the USA West server until VATSIM implemented CANADA server.

Here are the ping results: 9253ea87bccb4a20ac2db76c3ff4f2e6.png

Bahaeddine

That error suggests that data is being lost or severely delayed in the connection between your computer and the VATSIM server. Have you tried using the ping tool in VAT-Spy to see what your latency is to the various servers?
Bahaeddine El-Zarif
vACC Director
##  [email protected]   
##  www.vatleb.net
##   ##
 forum sign.png

Ross,

the error mentioned by Bahaeddine happened several times this week to me, too, after updating to 2.0.8.

Network error: The server has failed to respond to the authentication challenge.

I do not necessarily [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that this is caused by vPilot, because I had connection errors before the update, though never this frequently. Maybe it was only coincidence, but maybe you can use this input during the beta testing phase.

The error occurred several times during two flights on different days. When it happened, it seemed to be directly after an outgoing voice or text message to a controller, but not after every message and, up to now, never when sending text messages on Unicom.

Markus