You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot fail to connect fsx

Luigi Iorio 1331314

Luigi Iorio 1331314
Posted
Posted

Good morning all,

Since two days ago a facing connection problem between. Vpilot and FSX ( fail to connect ....)

I run vpilot on a second machine togheter with Pfx , Flithg bag , Rex4 and Active sky .

I never had such kind of problem the network always worked since 2015 .

I download last version of vpilot a week ago was working properly , sundenly stop to connect.

I don't have idea of the reason I uninstall and reinstall but no success .

Thanks for your help

Regards

Luigi Iorio

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What is the actual error message? Posting a screenshot would be helpful.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Luigi Iorio 1331314
Posted
Posted

Thank a lot for your replay.

Last night I discovered the problem , simconnect.

Take care

Luigi Iorio

• 4 weeks later...
David Christian 811766
Posted
Posted

IF you can , is it possible to find out whether simconnect is the problem I am experiencing.

I can load and connect with vpilot, talk with all controls( BUT ONLY by Private chat?? ) When I tuned my radio to correct freq for active ATC, it wont give me the tone that i have connected and the com freq showing stays white. I am really at a loss? as I had it working one evening 3 nites ago and talked with YVR APP clearly. Next day it would not connect... Have uninstalled and installed the program more than 15 times. Reverted to the old Sqkbox and IT CONNECTED with no problems at all????

I have both FSX and Vpilot running ADMIN. I have gone through the Firewall setting and made sure it is has all permissions, I can connect and listen to Live ATC with no problems. I can connect to anything on line . watch movies so my Internet connection is sure and strong. PLEASE HELP if you can

Running Win 10

i5 3.4mhtz , 770GTX, 8 Gigs ram .

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

simconnect wouldnt do that, you wouldnt be able to do anything if it was simconnect

sounds more like the frequency is being improperly tuned

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

David, was there any indication that you could transmit voice, but not receive? Also, what frequency were you using, and did you tune via the aircraft radio or via the .comx command?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

David Christian 811766
Posted
Posted

Thank you guys for replying,

Its been a wierd battle with Vpilot, Days it would work and the next it would do exactly as I described.

I can load it up, Connect to the server, See if there are active ATC at the airport (VYR) and then tune the Com1 radio to the freq of the active position. I would be sure to tune it correctly as my startup has those freq in the radio when I startup. If it was working the com1 freq turn magenta blue and I can send TX lights up and the controller hears me 5x5. I tune the radio via the Radio not by comx. cmd and I check the freq to being correct. If there are more than 1 controller at the terminal I tune active and stdby to the different freq so i can switch.

The Freq I usually use for APP is 128.60 and it shows up as that. As reported , if the magenta light doesnt appear against the com1 radio freq, I can still connect to that controller via private chat.. and it transmits the me[Mod - Happy Thoughts]age but ONLY private. (UPDATE) I uninstalled SWKBOX (which worked) and reinstalled Vpilot last night and Miracle again.....It connected. havent tried it today but I have no idea how this its working and whats stops it when doesnt?? Would be really helpful to know what screws it up

Thanks again will report.

D

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the information.

There is a somewhat rare, intermittent issue which I believe to be server-side (voice servers most likely), that is cross-platform (reported by both vPilot and FSInn users so far), where you can transmit voice and text but not hear ATC. It's happened to me a few times and has been reported by several others. Do you have any indication that might possibly be happening, or is it absolutely an issue where your voice is not transmitting?

Don Desfosse

David Christian 811766
Posted
Posted

Thanks for replying Don,

Its not the problem that i can transmit and no one can hear me. "It will not connect" to the Vpilot freq and turn the com1 radio freq magenta to indicate you are connected to the freq and can transmit ??

When i type a message into the box and press enter It come up with the message " You are not transmitting on any freq"

The voice channel is not activated .And here is the same situation I have experienced for the last 2 months. Last nite I was connected to ATC in Sidney Aus... Went there to check coms. Started Vpilot after the 25th time if reinstalling it and IT CONNECTED..... BLUE indicator on Com 1 and I did a radio check with GND controller. respsonse .."5x5"so IT WAS WORKING.... Today I started FSX and went to Gatwick where there were 3 controllers to check it again..... VPILOT would NOT connect to the freq dialed in ???????????Same thing all over again. Reinstalled SB...and it connected Right away ..NO PROBLEM at all....so its got to be something wrong with Vpilot voice channel connection.... thats all i can say...Sounds like either FSX is unable to open channel or Vpilot for me is totally SCREWED???

Any input to find out what the hell its doing would be a miracle at this point as I'm about to CHUCK Vpilot forever and try to use SB and also find a way to convert my ai models to work with it.

Thanks for any straw at this stage.....completely bewildered

David Christian 811766
Posted
Posted

Just a thought Could it be an FSUIPC problem??? I dont have a registered copy but as I posted Vpilot will work and then IT BREAKS???

D

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I don't know best how to troubleshoot this one. I wouldn't chuck vPilot though; let's wait for Ross to come help.

Don Desfosse

David Christian 811766
Posted
Posted

YES Don,

I'm praying that Ross pops up with a suggestion and fix for this perplexing problem. There's no reason why SB (which is more than 10 years old ) should work with no problem with Win10 and FSX, and Vpilot doesnt, Or it just might be the demons on my machine that wont let it work LOL:)

Stay tuned

D

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

First, you've posted two different problems here:

1) You said you get a message that says "you aren't transmitting on any freq" when you try to send a text radio message.

2) You said vPilot doesn't connect to a voice channel (the freq doesn't turn blue).

These are two very different things, and the process for troubleshooting each is different. Are either or both of these problems still occurring?

Second, you've said this problem is intermittent with vPilot. That means that it could be the case that you just haven't run into the problem with Squawkbox yet, but you will if you use Squawkbox long enough. I'm not saying this is definitely not a vPilot problem, just pointing out that the evidence you've presented so far does not prove that it is a vPilot problem. So don't give up yet.

Besides, if vPilot had a bug that prevented communication with ATC, I'm sure I would have heard about it from more than just you.

Lastly, to answer your question about FSUIPC, no, vPilot does not use FSUIPC at all. Only SimConnect.

David Christian 811766
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross,

Very good of your to reply. I will try to be succinct.

1. Vpilot loads and I can connect to Vatsim server. IF there are ATC controllers present and active, I tune to their freq, and then switch that to Com 1 active in the Radio stack. The com1 indicator in Vpilot shows the freq I have active, BUT IT DOESNT TURN BLUE.... When I try to send a text message it shows an error " You are not transmitting on any freq"

BUT Then when I go to the controllers private chat I can send him or her a message which they receive and we can chat.

2. On several occasions which I posted a message on , AFTER uninstalling vpilot (25th time) and reinstalled it, I have tested it and IT HAS MIRACULOUSLY CONNECTED to the com1 FREQ and I am able to com with VATSIM ATC on voice.

HOWEVER the very next day I will check it again and It reverts back to previous problem and will not connect to active freq.

I run both FSX and Vpilot as ADMIN amd have both permissions to go through the firewall.

SB on the otherhand loads and immediately connects to voice freq but its an old piece of code and biggest problem is the model and model matching which makes it not good in the long run. I would really really like to be able to use Vpilot....I hope I havent left anything out.... as my 1st question was whether it could be a simconnect problem??

Hope to hear from you soon and thanks again

D

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Which aircraft are you using? vPilot reads what FSX reports as the avionics power state, so if your startup FSX state has that power turned off then I believe you'll experience what you're describing.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yup, you don't have avionics power.

David Christian 811766
Posted
Posted

Hi Bradly,

I'm using a West JET 738 MAX default based (with additions) My Startup is cold and dark so I startup the APU, switch to APU gen power, then fire up the panel lighting , bring up my radio stack with a check on all avionics/ panel and CDU's are working, I have another check which is a key set specifically to turn Master Avionics on and of.

I then open Vpilot and check available ATC , double check active freq's and dial them into the Radio. THEN I HOLD MY BREATH!! and unfortunately no matter all the pre setup and checks ...Vpilot will not light up on com1, (I will dble check avionics again and switch freqs to see if that triggers a connection but to NO AVAIL!!!!

As i have emntioned before, in rare moments that are explainable.. Vpilot will connect...a lil miracle...but the next day it will be broken again...???

So I wait in hope theres a solution somewhere out there...and as mentioned SB connects with no prob.??

Thanks for any input...or ideas

D

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

SB probably doesn't check to ensure avionics have power, that would explain the difference.

Try the default C172.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Just to be clear... when you're having problems, are small TX/RX letters white or dark grey? If they're dark grey, like this:

RadiosNoPower.jpg

that means you either don't have the correct radio selected or you don't have avionics power turned on.

In fact, at least with default FSX aircraft, I'm not even sure if it's possible to have avionics power ON but neither of the COM radios selected for receiving. If that's true for all aircraft (perhaps Ross can confirm that?), the state above all but guarantees the problem lies with having avionics master set to OFF.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
In fact, at least with default FSX aircraft, I'm not even sure if it's possible to have avionics power ON but neither of the COM radios selected for receiving. If that's true for all aircraft (perhaps Ross can confirm that?),

SimConnect provides a boolean (yes/no) variable that indicates the transmit status for each radio, so it's technically possible to not be transmitting on either radio, but I don't recall ever seeing a default aircraft panel that allows that condition. I think some add-on aircraft (PMDG I believe is one, not sure though) may allow you to turn off the mic for both radios.

the state above all but guarantees the problem lies with having avionics master set to OFF.

Note that it can be the avionics power switch, or the master power switch, or a dead battery. Any of the three will prevent power to the avionics.

David Christian 811766
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross,

Thank you so much for your attention to my problems. I loaded the default Cessna, powered up, started Vpilot and made sure all was powered up. YVR CTR and GRND are on so I tuned my radio accordingly. switched to active Com1 and the Cling Dong the RADIO connected....AMAZING..but what concerns me is that in my usual equipment 738, I ALWAYS made sure all electrical power was up and the master Avionics were ON,

You mentioned in your quote below :

"Note that it can be the avionics power switch, or the master power switch, or a dead battery. Any of the three will prevent power to the avionics."

Where would the Master POWER switch be??? I dont know of it ?? Master Avionics, Battery power, I know well

I am supper pleased its working and cant thank you for all of you that tried to help...Great community.

Thank you Ross, Bradly, Don.... Will look out for your reply about the Master power switch, but as of right now all systems are a GO and I am VERY pleased... x fingers all will remain that way.

D

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with any of the default jetliners ... I've only used add-ons like the PMDG aircraft. They usually simulate several different ways of providing power to the avionics bus. One is via the on-board battery, another is via an APU, another is via simulating having a ground power unit plugged in, and another is by actually having the engines running with an engine-driven generator supplying power.

David Christian 811766
Posted
Posted

Thank you Ross,

So the power is supplied to Default then resides with the APU when at the gate, which I always power up

and switch to APU Gen, making sure I have all isntr, and Radio ,HOWEVER it looks like the equipt also HAS to have the Master Avionics switch ON or checked, Which I thought I was doing each time...?? A real mystery to me as I always check it,

So I will check it again in a while as I have just flown a flight, using Voice coms to all the Controllers and with much delight arrived safetly as Dest...shut down .

Will report my progress...

THANK YOU.. take care

D (WJA453)