You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xsquawbox problem:visible on xp10,but not operative

Andrea Mazzoni

Andrea Mazzoni
Posted
Posted

Hello,i use Windows 10 and i have this problem.I copied the folder of Xsquawkbox on XP10 plugins folders,but when XPlane 10 is opened and i would try to open XSquawkbox,i can see over the menu-plugins opition the section dedicated to xsquawkbox,but when i click to connect,the menu for insert the information for start the connection to VATSIM network (with ICAO callsign,VATSIM ID,name....) doesn't appeared.I have installed XPUIPC last version (1.0.2.3),but not the XPwideclient.Is this the problem or i need to make something else?

Thanks for the reply.

Andrea.

Sometimes things get complicated. ATC on VATSIM as Milano Radar (LIMM_N_CTR) Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/italianalien21

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
Hello,i use Windows 10 and i have this problem.I copied the folder of Xsquawkbox on XP10 plugins folders,but when XPlane 10 is opened and i would try to open XSquawkbox,i can see over the menu-plugins opition the section dedicated to xsquawkbox,but when i click to connect,the menu for insert the information for start the connection to VATSIM network (with ICAO callsign,VATSIM ID,name....) doesn't appeared.I have installed XPUIPC last version (1.0.2.3),but not the XPwideclient.Is this the problem or i need to make something else?

XPUIPC and XPWideclient are completely unrelated to XSB and not required - they're used for emulating a inter-process communications interface that was established for Microsoft Flight Simulator - however, XSquawkBox is a native XPlane plugin and does not rely upon any of those features.

First of all, please be certain that you are not confusing XSquawkBox with SquawkBox when applying advice from third parties, following installation guides, etc - quite a few people do and this leads to all sorts of confusion.

Secondly, as you're using X-Plane 10, please ensure you are using the latest version of XSquawkBox (1.3.1) and your X-Plane 10 has been updated to at least 10.25. (10.45 is current stable unless Laminar released 10.50 in the last 48 hours - there is a release candidate for 10.50 available).

Next, after running X-Plane, check your Log.txt to see if XSquawkBox initialised correctly.

If all of that looks good, there's a few things to watch:

Make sure your internet connection is working properly first, without any firewalls or outgoing traffic blocks. I suspect there's a number of ways XSB can malfunction or crash if it encounters network problems that are very hard for myself to reproduce.

XSquawkBox windows tend to fall under windows created by some avionics plugins - so when trying to connect to the network, make sure that you don't have any pop-up windows displayed otherwise you might not be able to find the connection or settings dialogues.

If you're running over multiple displays, or using a split view/instructor station layout, please try turning that off and running on a single display and see if the problem is resolved - if so, let me know what your layout was so I can work out why it wasn't working properly.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

• 1 month later...
Andrea Mazzoni
Posted
Posted

XPUIPC and XPWideclient are completely unrelated to XSB and not required - they're used for emulating a inter-process communications interface that was established for Microsoft Flight Simulator - however, XSquawkBox is a native XPlane plugin and does not rely upon any of those features.

First of all, please be certain that you are not confusing XSquawkBox with SquawkBox when applying advice from third parties, following installation guides, etc - quite a few people do and this leads to all sorts of confusion.

Secondly, as you're using X-Plane 10, please ensure you are using the latest version of XSquawkBox (1.3.1) and your X-Plane 10 has been updated to at least 10.25. (10.45 is current stable unless Laminar released 10.50 in the last 48 hours - there is a release candidate for 10.50 available).

Next, after running X-Plane, check your Log.txt to see if XSquawkBox initialised correctly.

If all of that looks good, there's a few things to watch:

Make sure your internet connection is working properly first, without any firewalls or outgoing traffic blocks. I suspect there's a number of ways XSB can malfunction or crash if it encounters network problems that are very hard for myself to reproduce.

XSquawkBox windows tend to fall under windows created by some avionics plugins - so when trying to connect to the network, make sure that you don't have any pop-up windows displayed otherwise you might not be able to find the connection or settings dialogues.

If you're running over multiple displays, or using a split view/instructor station layout, please try turning that off and running on a single display and see if the problem is resolved - if so, let me know what your layout was so I can work out why it wasn't working properly.

Hello Christopher,

unlucky we cannot discover the reason because i had this problem,because some days ago i had a problem with my old motherboard,and i needed to buy a new motherboard.However,i was two times lucky after this change,because i was able to participate with P3D on VATSIM CTP East 2016 and i discover that now Xplane can work with success on my computer.

However,is not the first time that i had some problems with XP10,i have a CD version of this flight simulator and in the past i was forced to reinstall again the simulator on my PC due to some problems with the Addon like as payware acfts,sceneries or similar.I think that maybe can be a problem of my CD version of Xplane.And for this type of problems,is better use the appropriate forum.

Thank you again for your reply.

Andrea

Sometimes things get complicated. ATC on VATSIM as Milano Radar (LIMM_N_CTR) Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/italianalien21