You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Request for future releases

William Goldie 816459

William Goldie 816459
Posted
Posted

Hi,

thanks for this great program. While others have had some problems with model matching, everything seems to work fine for me and it is a vast improvement over previous software clients.

My questions are, while on Unicom and having to use text, I have to change windows using the task bar. While doing so when the vp is open, I lose all sounds from the Fsx software. Is it possible to enable a button to open and close vp and would it be possible to hear the Fsx sounds while the vp window is open?

Thanks in advance.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Is it possible to enable a button to open and close vp

What do you mean by that? Where would this button reside?

and would it be possible to hear the Fsx sounds while the vp window is open?

That's a "feature" of FSX ... whenever FSX isn't the active window, it mutes itself. I've seen reference to add-ons that fix this, but I haven't used any of them. I use P3D which has a checkbox setting to turn off the "feature".

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

William Goldie 816459
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

what I mean is rather than select the menu at the bottom to bring up VP, would it be possible to press say control + 1, etc and that would open the vp and when you type your message and press enter, could the vp be closed automatically with the enter key?

I know its minimal but this would make it even easier to use.

Thanks for the quick response its appreciated.

Cheers

Willie

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

If you've got Windows 7 or above (at least, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume they kept it in 8 and 10 - don't know for sure), you can effectively achieve this (minus the auto-close after pressing enter - could just Alt+Tab or click back into FSX, though) using Windows' built-in pinned taskbar shortcut keystrokes.

For example, say you pinned the vPilot app to your taskbar (i.e. to the right of the Start menu button) and it's the 5th icon from the left. Simply hold the Windows key on your keyboard ([Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming it has one) and press the number 5 (don't think numpad numbers work - have only ever used the normal row of numbers). If that app is already open, Windows will bring it into focus.