You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Running a Scenario File

Caitlin Surakitbanharn 135

Posted
Posted

Hi everyone.

I have been building scenario files in ASE, and trying to load them in EuroScope, but nothing shows up!

I am connected to the FSD server, I have a valid license for it. My sector file is downloaded and loaded up (New York), and I have 3 aircraft in my ASE file with their fixes for the route entered. But when I load it (connected to sweatbox server, not connected to vatsim network), nothing shows up.

Any clue what i'm doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Caitlin

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

FSD server and SweatBox together sounds like a problem to me. Either you are working in a local environment with your own FSD server or you connect to the SweatBox.

Did you follow the guide in the ES wiki?

http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Starting_a_simulator_session

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Posted
Posted
FSD server and SweatBox together sounds like a problem to me. Either you are working in a local environment with your own FSD server or you connect to the SweatBox.

Did you follow the guide in the ES wiki?

http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Starting_a_simulator_session

Hi Jonas,

It's not actually connected to sweatbox - i'm running the FSD, my connection mode is "start sweatbox simulator session" (because it has to be in order to run a simulation, as far as I understand), but unchecking "connect to VATSIM" and my server is "localhost" - when i hit "connect", everything goes through smoothly, it connects me...the ribbon shows up on the top of the screen. it all checks out appropriately.

I have my ASE file with 3 aircraft, routes input, fixes listed, etc. but when i hit "play" in euroscope, nothing shows up except a random plane with the tag ABC123 (NOT a plane in my ASE file?) and when i "get simulation" for it, it just crashes.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong in ASE or in Euroscope. Any insight?

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Are you using latest Euroscope beta? If yes, try command .vis (to center on your airport) after connecting with your Euroscoúe.

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

As far as I know, ASE is not compatible with ES v3.2

Use the built in situation editor instead. I'd recommend getting your ES up to the current beta release (r12) as it fixes a lot of bugs especially in the simulator, including the situation editor.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK