vPilot randomly disconnecting

Hubert Gaszewski 1368872

Hi, I have an issue with vPilot, where when im connected to vatsim via vPilot, it will randomly (usually every 10-30 minutes) kick me displaying this message:

Network error: EndReceive failed: (10054) An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Disconnected from network.

I have tried everything, from restarting my pc, closing vPilot, setting realtime priority in Task Manager, to trying different servers and nothing fixes it.

If anyone knowx how to fix this, please, please share your knowledge with me

Regards, Hubert

I think I might have fixed it, I did two 3 hour flights and it didn't disconnect once...

What I did is; I read up online about pocket loss and it basically it said to allow software (in this case vPilot) maximum network allowance. So to possibly fix it, you have to close all programs that take up Internet which you don't use like uTorrent, steam, etc. You need to set your vPilot priority to 'realtime' and make sure no other programmes are have 'real-time' priority set - I had ezDok in real time priority mode so I changed it to high. Also I disabled my anti virus software (AVG), and you could disable your firewall if it still doesn't work.

Hope this helped, it worked for me

VATSIM pilot clients use such little bandwidth that it seems crazy that you would have to tweak network priority in order to not have dropped connections ... makes me wonder if it was just coincidental that the problem went away after you made that change.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

VATSIM pilot clients use such little bandwidth that it seems crazy that you would have to tweak network priority in order to not have dropped connections ... makes me wonder if it was just coincidental that the problem went away after you made that change.

Yeah, it very well might have been coincidental. I'm not sure what the cause could be then, I'll post on here if it comes back.