You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight Strip Retrieval - Beacon Codes

Steve Ogrodowski 876322

Steve Ogrodowski 876322
Posted
Posted

This is neither a bug, nor a really big problem, but:

I noticed that no matter what the current beacon code of an aircraft, if they come from uncontrolled airspace, VRC displays 0000 as the code in the strips. To display a code in the box, you must F9 it/amend the squawk. If you receive an aircraft from a handoff, the beacon code will remain.

In ASRC, it would automatically display the current code the aircraft was squawking, if it didn't have a code already manually inserted.

Any reasoning on why VRC doesn't have that feature? (I note this because I was using ACSim last night, and none of the squawk codes were in the flight strip, although the aircraft were squawking the codes I set in the situation file).

Steve Ogrodowski

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This is by design ... VRC only shows the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned squawk code, either [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned by you or by the controller handing it to you. (Or [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned by any other controller in your range.) Essentially, it is a reminder that you need to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a code.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Javier Larroulet
Posted
Posted

ASRC only shows a sq code different than 0000 on the strip if the code has been [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned by other controller before going into uncontrolled airspace, pretty much the same as VRC does AFAIR

Now, if I take off uncontrolled and set my squawk to whatever code before entering controlled airspace, the controller won't the the code I'm squawking on the strip... he'll still see 0000 which is correct, as there would be no "[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned" code

Javier Larroulet (C3) - Chile vACC

18.png