You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Questions about GRP

Sergey Kudryashov 1131068

Posted
Posted

Hello everybody!

Yesterday I made topic in this Discussion viewforum.php?f=110 , but don't see my message there

I have some questions about GRP. Could you help me?

https://www.vatsim.net/docomeents/global-ratings-policy

4.5 Controller Trainee Solo Validations - In order to allow a trainee to develop confidence and improve the mentor-trainee time ratio, solo endorsements can be used by an Approach Controller Trainee or an Enroute Controller Trainee as follows: :

(b) ENROUTE CONTROLLER TRAINEE

A candidate who is nearing their Enroute Controller Practical Test, and who has been deemed competent in any theory [Mod - Happy Thoughts]essment as part of their Enroute Controller training, can be given temporary permission to practice solo on an Enroute position with the rating of Student 3 (S3). Such validations shall:

1. Be limited to one training Enroute sector and not approved to extend coverage to adjacent Enroute sectors, and

2. Be clearly listed on the local facility's website, detailing the member's name, VATSIM ID and the position that they are validated on, and

3. Have a maximum period of validity of 30 days, and

4. Be subject to regular review, and

5. Not be renewed/extended unless the candidate has made good use of the facility and has shown improvement over the period of validity of the solo endorsement, and

6. Renewable for a total period of up to 90 days, with each renewal only to have a maximum period of validity of 30 days

Such endorsement should not be considered as a substitute for proper, timely advancement of a trainee.

No such endorsement shall be given to any other Controller position other than as specified in Sections (a) and (b) above.

What does Paragraph 6 mean? I can get solo-raiting in each airport? In each FIR? In each Division?

For an example: I'm VATRUS membership. I have S3-raiting and I want solo-raiting for ULLL_CTR. I got 3 solo-raitings, total period 90 days. After it, Can I ask 3 new solo-raitings in other FIR VATRUS division?

VATRUS division has 11 FIR. Can I control with different solo-raitings in different FIR step by step?

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Because it says "practice solo on an Enroute position" (emphasis mine), yes, that would seem to suggest that such validations could in theory be obtained and individually renewed in different areas. However...

This is talking about an S3 trainee being permitted to control certain enroute ("CTR") sectors. I'm not sure how training works in other divisions, but in VATUSA, for example, only your home ARTCC (a.k.a. FIR) is where a student receives training towards the next rating. As such, I wouldn't expect any ARTCC to issue such validations for visiting S3 trainees. You may or may not find the same is true throughout VATRUS as well - I'm not sure.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

After being allowed to practive "solo" on a certain position for a total of 90 days, you are supposed to perform your practical test. If you are not ready yet or if there are no examiners available in due time, another 90 days can be added on request. At least this is the way it works here in our area. But this is valid for your home-vACC and it is specific for a position, for example EDDF_TWR or EDGG_E_CTR (in our case). Visiting controllers HAVE TO perform their training and testing in their home-vACC.

Posted
Posted
You may or may not find the same is true throughout VATRUS as well - I'm not sure.

VATRUS ATC Department Training Director sad on official division forum that I should adress to VATSIM Staff for official answer. He think that student can have solo-raitings in each ARTCC (FIR) home division.

GRP are not spelled out clearly and precisely this moment

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

The question needs to go to Apos, your RD. GRP is an EC policy and your RD as your rep to the EC is in the best position to answer for his region. Lots of people can give an opinion but in the end only his matters in VATRUS.

Kyle Ramsey

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted

In NZ, solo endorsements are given to students training for their S3 and C1 so they can practise online for a week/2 weeks before their [Mod - Happy Thoughts]essment. They are however, only endorsed to provide ATC services to ONE position (eg. i was endorsed for NZCH-R_CTR only). Here are our current Solo Endorsed controllers to give you an idea on how it works. http://www.vatnz.net/controllers/vatnz-solo-endorsements/current-vatnz-approved-solo-endorsements/

I know it definately works differently in other divisions, and in some divisions not at all, but this is how it works here.

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

Apostolos Damkalis
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

First of all, in regards to solo validations, as outlined in the GRP, a solo validation may be given to a student for one position and for not more than one month, however it may be extended two times more, giving a total of three months.

About your question regarding control to the other VATRUS FIRs,the answer is no. The paragraph 1 about Enroute Controller trainee is very clear (1. Be limited to one training Enroute sector and not approved to extend coverage to adjacent Enroute sectors, ). So your training will take place to one training sector of your current FIR.

Senteniously,In order to be fully in line with the GRP, each student cannot have a solo validation for a station other than the one he will sit his practical exam on.

Sergey, please leave me an email, explaining thoroughly what the problem has been in RUS and I will work with the Division Team to a solution.

Best Regards,

Apostolos Damkalis

VATSIM Supervisor Team Leader

Regional Conflict Resolution Panel Chairman,Europe

Abk76lz.png

Posted
Posted

Apostolos, thanks for your reply. Please, check your e-mail. I sent all information.