You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Italians all Over me

Wycliffe Barrett

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Hi all, I'm not sure whethere thisis the right place but i'llput it in the general discussion area also.

So here goes. Last night whiclst on EGGF Tower, everything was cool, not much traffic but no rpoblem. I went offline at 8:45 gmt for one hour, when I came back at 9:45 gmt for some reason I could hear an Italian Controller in comms with an Italian pilot. When I say I could hear them there readability was like 7. It was so loud.

I checked all my settings several times and even tried calling them but to no avail, I thought perhaps they has a crossed freq, I was on 125.00 (EGFF) I checked on SERVinfo and theonly italian controller was LMS_APP on 123.000 I managed to get a private message to him but he denied all knowledge of what i was on about.

I use UK-1 as my server and rw.liveatc.net without any problems at all.

After a while it seemed to go all quiet, a pilot who was with me on heli vfr said he could hear them also.

Any ideas, one London Controller suggested the guy might have had his range set to high.

I did have an Italian Pilot asking for a radio check, he was on his way to Bologna from where I dont know but I couldn't see him even when I set my range to 200 plusnm. So there w ehave it any clues anyone.

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Voice has nothing to do with your numeric frequency ... only the voice server and channel. What were you using for voice? Did you request the LMS_APP ATIS to see what he was using?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross my VOX server is rw.liveatc.net

and my Vox channel is the same. The Freq for CAdiff is EGFF.

I tried to contact the controller who showed up In italy but he denied all knowledge of what I was on aboput.

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Isaac Niedrauer 947516
Posted
Posted

This topic was resolved in another forum.

Clear Skies,

Isaac Niedrauer