Question re: Visibility and/or sky conditions

• Board of Governors

I was waiting for the developer to reply, but... Remember that vATIS was developed with the USA in mind. USA METARs do not use CAVOK. Since he has already stated that he does not have time/desire to further develop vATIS for non-USA locations, it would be up to the developer to consider if he wants to add an allowance for CAVOK (or determine if he wants to further develop vATIS for non-USA locations).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Membership

Thank you Don. I forgot to mention that I came across that post saying it was for US airports. However, I find it to be the most realistic ATIS system on VATSIM. Shame it's not going to be developed further.

I was waiting for the developer to reply, but... Remember that vATIS was developed with the USA in mind. USA METARs do not use CAVOK. Since he has already stated that he does not have time/desire to further develop vATIS for non-USA locations, it would be up to the developer to consider if he wants to add an allowance for CAVOK (or determine if he wants to further develop vATIS for non-USA locations).
Bahaeddine El-Zarif
vACC Director
##  [email protected]   
##  www.vatleb.net
##   ##
 forum sign.png