You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Background Noise

Conrad collinson

Conrad collinson
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I am trying to talk to ATC but they're telling me my readability is 1 due to serious background noise. vPilot says BackgroundNoiseTooLoud when i calibrate the mic however my room is virtually silent!

anyone have any ideas?

Conrad Collinson

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Are you certain you've selected the correct headset/device in vPilot?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

To cover all grounds, make sure your mic isn't muted (with a physical mute toggle). My headphones sometimes got half-muted if I bumped the switch on it.

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

Also, make sure vPilot is using the correct mic, sometimes if there is another mic attached to PC it's using that one by default. Or your mic is on the fritz and ready to be replaced.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Conrad collinson
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies, i have come to the conclusion to just purchase a new mic as i think mine is a bit past it...

thanks for the speedy advice though!

Conrad Collinson

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

the VATSIM voice codec really does not like much of any background noise. #1 killer for transmissions for pilots is also having your speakers loud in the background with your sim sounds, it doesnt like the noise.

first before going out and spending money, simply mute your sim sounds and do a test, see if they hear you better

• 2 weeks later...
Conrad collinson
Posted
Posted
the VATSIM voice codec really does not like much of any background noise. #1 killer for transmissions for pilots is also having your speakers loud in the background with your sim sounds, it doesnt like the noise.

first before going out and spending money, simply mute your sim sounds and do a test, see if they hear you better

Hi thanks for the reply... i tried it and still had the same issue... I just bought a new mic (just a cheap £20 Logitech one and i'm back flying again! Thanks for trying to help though, Much appreciated

Conrad Collinson