You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

General Aviation VA's or Groups?

Ernesto Martinez

Ernesto Martinez
Posted
Posted

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Virtual Airline or group that focuses on smaller planes like C208 and such or charter VA's in general.

Ernesto Martinez

Membership Audit Team
VATSIM Supervisor

[email protected]
  support.vatsim.net

vatsim_0.png

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Since you said "or group", i.e. you're not necessarily looking for a traditional VA, I'll throw out the first suggestion for FSEconomy.

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted
Since you said "or group", i.e. you're not necessarily looking for a traditional VA, I'll throw out the first suggestion for FSEconomy.

I'll second that, FSEconomy in general is fantastic...and if you're looking for some structure while still focusing on the GA aspect, I'd invite you to join one of the many "groups" within FSEconomy. One in particular that comes to mind is the Chilkoot Alliance. Completely intregrated into FSEconomy, but still has a fleet and "schedules" where flights are preplanned and dispatched similar to a small charter operation. They have hubs predominately in Alaska, however there has been quite a bit of expansion into New Zealand, southern US, Montana, and even the Caribbean.

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Clay Brown 1311511
Posted
Posted

I'm glad you asked this question! I've never really thought about it but GA orientated flights/groups would be a good change from the same old IFR airliners setting. I'll be checking out these links.

Happy flying,

Clay Brown - 1311511 - aavirtual.net - deltavirtual.org

20.png

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

"Human nature is a wonderful but mysterious anomaly." - Unknown