You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice Issues

Joaquin Blanco

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Have been experiencing frequency disconnection issues during many and many flights. Basically I tune the frequency and all is well then suddenly realise that there have not been any rtf comms on the channel for a while and realise that I have lost the connection, even though there has not been any disconnection sound and the frquency is still active on the radios. Likewise controllers texting me and asking me if I copy them because once again voice has been lost. Disconnecting from the network and reconnecting seems to sort the problem although sometimes I've had to close vpilot and restart it. Not sure why this has been happening with previous version of vpilot and with latest 2.03. Feedback appreciated.

Regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Have you tried transmitting voice or even just hitting your transmit key momentarily?

It sounds like an incoming port timeout issue. In that scenario, vPilot doesn't notify you of a loss of connection to the voice server because there isn't one as far as it can see (it's control connection to the server is likely working fine)... however your router is no longer forwarding the incoming UDP voice packets along to your PC.

Some solutions/workarounds would be: increasing UPnP port timeout length, setting up port forwarding/triggering, or periodically tapping your PTT key (even the briefest of transmissions should reset your router's internal countdown for purging stale UPnP rules).

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Thank you Bradley

I think it is the latter part of your message, I'll look into the port forwarding settings and follow your suggestions.

Regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco