You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

When am I actually on established on the localiser?

Conrad collinson

Conrad collinson
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

Contollers always say report when established on the localiser but what does this actually mean??? is the something that comes up on the cockpit displays or anything like that? I normally just say i am established once i have turned onto final and in line with the centre line...

Please let me know with a reply

Conrad Collinson

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted (edited)

The acceptable definition might vary by region.

To attempt a global response... I'll cast my vote for: when you're within 1 dot from center on the CDI.

EDIT: For example, in the US, there seems to be some debate from answers ranging from the 1 dot above to "half-scale deviation" to "case break" (e.g. the CDI's deflection is anything but pegged on one side or the other).

Edited by Guest

Conrad collinson
Posted
Posted
The acceptable definition might vary by region.

To attempt a global response... I'll cast my vote for: when you're within 1 dot from center on the CDI.

EDIT: For example, in the US, there seems to be some debate from answers ranging from the 1 dot above to "half-scale deviation" to "case break" (e.g. the CDI's deflection is anything but pegged on one side or the other).

Alright thanks! It makes a bit more sense now

Conrad Collinson

Conrad collinson
Posted
Posted
When you have intercepted the localizer and you are within 1 dot deflection either side.

Alright thanks! It makes a bit more sense now

Conrad Collinson