You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Any way to lower vPilot volume

Mark Wolpert

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

I am using vPilot with FS2Crew and I find the volume of vPilot is very loud compared to the volume of FS2Crew. So I have this situation where I am going through a voice checklist and if anybody talks on the ATC/Pilot requency it completely covers the FS2Crew checklist voice. So is there a way to lower the vPilot volume so I can better balance the two ?

I see the volume slider but it really does not seem to do much. thanks.

847924.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

yes just lower the volume in the settings. your windows sound mixer may also allow you to do it from there (mine does)

just keep in mind the VATSIM sounds are more important make sure you are extra attentive if you do lower it below other sounds, youll be much more likely to miss a call

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

OK will try it again. Don't worry I will not miss anything, I am not trying to lower it so I cannot hear just lower to balance so my ears don't get blown out when I turn up the headset volume to hear FS2Crew.

847924.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you open the volume mixer in Windows, it will sometimes show a different slider for each application that's currently running and producing audio.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Just wanted to report back that I have fixed the sound issue. I guess the slider (on my setup) was not very effective above about 15% but once I lowered below then it worked. So I have the sound at 10% and it is very clear and good level but not blasting and is perfectly balanced now with FS2Crew sounds.

847924.png