You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Skins

Joseph Danns 1365254

Joseph Danns 1365254
Posted
Posted

When I'm flying and I see other aircraft they all appear as plain white with no company texture on. Anyone know how to solve this please?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

confirm you are using squawkbox?

Joseph Danns 1365254
Posted
Posted (edited)

No vpilot

Edited by Guest

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Which AI packages are you using?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Joseph Danns 1365254
Posted
Posted

What do you mean

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

There`s your answer. lol. You need to have installed a AI aircraft package like World of AI or My Traffic.

Joseph Danns 1365254
Posted
Posted

Ok do you know where I can get them. Thanks

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Ok do you know where I can get them. Thanks

You're going to need to do a little bit of work yourself here ... I would start with Google.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not sure why the OP has to be treated this way, he may be new and asking a legit question.

You have several options for painted AI traffic. Some free and require work on your part, some pay but you no longer need to worry about it. I have settled on MyTraffic6 which gives you almost every paint you can think of....the downside is they are not always the best models and paints but at least its easy.

Ultimate Traffic 2 from Flight1 is an option but expensive and outdated.

Free - you can try World of AI or WOAI as it is known. Free but you need to manually install everything.

By the way if you are using AI you might want them to fly reasonably properly so you can download a program like AI Controller 1.4. Please note this is for AI traffic and NOT Vatsim traffic so in your sim you will want to turn AI traffic to Zero when flying on Vatsim in a busy airport but if you are flying to airports with no traffic as happens on Vatsim all the time then you can increase the slider to say 10% and get some nice traffic on the ground....just keep in mind that you will not be able to differntiate between AI and Vatsim traffic so keep slider zero when traffic is in the area. You can check traffic using Ross' other program call Vat-spy.

Good luck.

Edited by Guest
847924.png

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Not sure why the OP has to be treated this way

+1. Sure seems like Don needs to re-read CoC A1. Feel free to ask if you don't understand any of the words in it, Don.

Free - you can try World of AI or WOAI as it is known. Free but you need to manually install everything.

Note that if you decide to try WoAI, there is an automated World of AI package downloader that downloads all of the packages, and the WoAI creators have provided an installer that can install multiple packages at once (e.g. all that you downloaded).

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the correction WOAI, I don't use it so was not aware of the all in one installer.

847924.png

Joseph Danns 1365254
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys