You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Fire HD 8 Tablet

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I got for early Chanukah present a nice latest version of Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet. I am totally new to the world of tablets. LOL I have no problem handling and understanding the tablet. I am even using the tablet for latest aviation weather reports for any airport while flying on Vatsim using my laptop.

However, I have a question. Is there any cool free APP or website where I can look up at any airport's diagram charts, approach charts, and departure charts? I tried some websites and found out there were not free or too small with no ability to resize to bigger size for me to read on eight inch screen.

Is there such an free APP where I can click on it, it asks me what airport, I punch in 4 letter airport code, and presto it brings up the airport's charts?

If not, what do any of you suggest how I can get any airport's charts for viewing on eight inch screen tablet while I am flying on laptop, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

there are various apps for pilots (virtual and real). some are free, some are paid.

navigraph offers a charts app. its subscription based, but itll pretty much cover just about anywhere you fly.

fltplan.com has a free app. its for real world, but can be used for online too. it also has the ability to connect to the sim, so you get a moving map with it. the downside is fltplan.com only covers the US, and i believe they have Canada as well, cant remember.

there are other free apps that give you moving map options as well as sectional charts. im not aware of other free apps that offer approach charts, other then fltplan.com

your tablet should be able to download and use PDF's, so its also as easy as going to the same chart sources you use now such as myairplane.com flightaware.com and the rest, then simply downloading the chart and opening it

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted

Hi Aharon,

There is a few apps under the name AeroChart, they offer numerous apps for different regions around the world, being updated once a month with the latest AIRAC's. I think they are offered for Android, I personally use Apple.

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Thanks to both of you for suggestions.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png