You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Automatic model matching

Jasper Rom

Jasper Rom
Posted
Posted (edited)

After my previous problems which are solved now by a fresh Windows install I encountered the following today. Over the years I've build up a large collection of AI models. Some of them are usefull in the sim when flying online and others are not. When you deselect one model in the Advanced Model Matching menu, for example the AI RJ100, the SimObjects\Airplanes checkbox automatically goes blank and all aircraft in the vicinity will be shown as the default aircraft. It's not possible at the moment to select which models you want to show in the sim. Is this an error or is it not implemented yet? The two pictures below will show the problem.

vpilot_1.jpg

vpilot_2.jpg

I also have a suggestion for future builds of the program. It would be great if you could select the textures as well from the models. For example I have two AI versions of the KLM B738 installed. The regular paint and the retro paint. Right now vPilot chooses the retro paint during the automatic matching process. During my flight from EHAM every KLM B738 will shown as a retro paint. I would be great if you could select which models and textures you want to use.

I know I can make a custom rule set with VMR Generator, but it would be great if you could control your models and paints via vPilot.

Jasper

Edited by Guest

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

This is why I'm still stuck using VMRGen, I have gone through its aircraft rules and deleted all the retro paints manually. Not that I don't want to see a custom plane everyone once in a while, but I don't think it's too realistic to see 90% of my American Airlines planes be painted with One World colors.

Just an idea, perhaps there could be an "excluded" words (so you can exclude "retro", "OC", etc.) and exception list (this list could manually remove or add a certain model, would use a search bar).

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
When you deselect one model in the Advanced Model Matching menu, for example the AI RJ100, the SimObjects\Airplanes checkbox automatically goes blank and all aircraft in the vicinity will be shown as the default aircraft.

If you deselect one of the folders within SimObjects\Airplanes, it deselects the SimObjects\Airplanes checkbox only to show you that not all of the folders within SimObjects\Airplanes are selected. The ones that are still checked should still be used. Let me know if that doesn't appear to be the case.

Regarding the ability to deselect individual textures, I'll put that on the wishlist to consider.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jasper Rom
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross,

I did some additional testing today. When you deselect one model in the Simobject/Airplanes folder it doesn't automatically shut down all the models from the Simobject/Airplane folder. That's the good news.

I did ran into trouble with the some elements of the automatic model matching. I have two different 737 models installed. The AIA model (old model) and the FAIB model (new model). When a 737 comes into range with a non-existing (virtual airline) ICAO code vPilot chooses the AIA model automatically. When I deselect the AIA model, the aircraft changes into the default Bombardier 700 instead of the FAIB model.

Once I remove the AIA model from my Simobject/Airplanes folder it is shown as a FAIB model.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Jasper, can you post your ModelScanResult file somewhere that I can download it? You'll find it in the vPilot installation folder, which is %localappdata%\vPilot. Make sure both the AIA and the FAIB model are installed in your sim before starting vPilot, so that the data for both models will appear in the ModelScanResult XML file.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Jasper, in your example where vPilot chose the default bombardier instead of the FAIB model, what was the aircraft type code and airline code?

Jasper Rom
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure anymore Ross.

I believe it was a BAW B737. The 737's don't fly anymore for BAW in real life and no paint for a BAW 737 is installed. vPilots model matchings first choise was a random AIA B737 and after deselecting the AIA model it became a Bombardier 700 instead of a random FAIB B737.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Something's not right here, because vPilot does not randomly select models in the way you describe. However, VMR generator would create rules that would cause that to happen. Are you sure you weren't using a VMRGenerator rule set at the time?

• 1 month later...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I just released v2.1.3 in the Beta channel. This version allows you to exclude individual models.